Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake People help me out!!!

GOSKN5

I am moving to Virginia Beach in two weeks to start a new job with the city of virginia beach. I need a place to rent in that area. Anyone know of any good places that accept pets (large ones) I have a great dane????? Can be a house, apartment, whatever. Anyone know a realitor to check with, or some people I can call, or websites etc. Any help would be great.

O yeah GO SKINS....

I used to work for the City of VA Beach as well, I am moving back down there in a couple months to get my girlfriend a teaching job and finish up my schooling actually, we should hang out sometime this summer.

I used to work at the Aquarium in the Bird department, horrible pay $6.61 an hour and that was the highest paying animal department in the Aquarium. We had people with BA and Masters degrees getting paid that much per hour :doh: .

Get an apartment on the other side of Downtown tunel and Berkely Bridge I had to sit there an hour to and from work since I lived in Chesapeake.

I am going to start my apartment search too soon so if you find some steals let me know.

The Princess Anne/Lynhaven(sp?) areas are really nice.

I am moving to Virginia Beach in two weeks to start a new job with the city of virginia beach. I need a place to rent in that area. Anyone know of any good places that accept pets (large ones) I have a great dane????? Can be a house, apartment, whatever. Anyone know a realitor to check with, or some people I can call, or websites etc. Any help would be great.

O yeah GO SKINS....

i hope they pay good, it costs a lot of money to live here. a HALF decent apartment will cost you around a grand a month. but gas is cheap :D

there are very very few places at all that allow pets, let alone great danes. i had to buy a house just because i have 2 dogs, and couldnt have them anywhere. that sounded stupid, i didnt buy for that reason, but thats the only way i could have 2.

check out rent.com, forrent.com, and whatever you do DO NOT GO NEAR WILLIAM E. WOOD or SOURCE REALTY. not only are they overpriced, they refuse to repair anything and jack up the rate quarterly. in otherwords, overpriced slumlords.

a very good place to check would be the western branch area of chesapeake. great houses, great are, great prices. but you'd have a 30 minute commute to and from work.

I just moved from the western branch area at near chesapeake square, that is on the toher side of the tunnel though, I had an 8-5 job and had to leave the house at 7 just to get there by 8. If you leave at 5 expect to be home around 6 or 6:30.

VA Beach is going to be expensive compared to danville but it is cheap as anything compared to Culpeper here.

We found 2 bedroom apartments for 790 a month 15 mins outside of western branch in chesapeake and that 790 a month included digital cable :)

I just moved from the western branch area at near chesapeake square, that is on the toher side of the tunnel though, I had an 8-5 job and had to leave the house at 7 just to get there by 8. If you leave at 5 expect to be home around 6 or 6:30.

VA Beach is going to be expensive compared to danville but it is cheap as anything compared to Culpeper here.

We found 2 bedroom apartments for 790 a month 15 mins outside of western branch in chesapeake and that 790 a month included digital cable :)

that is all very true. in va beach though, even a craphole will cost about $800+

Yeah i have found a few places that seem pretty nice and allow the dog but they are around 800 or more.... i think im gonna have to suck it up... its a full time job and the pay is decent, but 800 a month is going to hurt my checks.....

im going there next weekend to do a search and find a place... going to check chesapeake too.. anyone else got any ideas... ??????

I would advise getting an apartment that allows a month to month lease. Then when your here, drive around the area and find what is best for you. I live a couple blocks from the oceanfront for $950 a month rent. That is cheap for being so close to the beach. I found it by driving around looking for For Rent signs. There are alot of them in VB right now. I was looking to rent an apartment that allows pets before i found my current house. Apartments with a dog fee can run you anywhere from 750-1500 a month near the beach. There are plenty of places to live. Maybe try searching some homefinding sites.

Archived