Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marty and Jeffie...What A Pair

TwoDeep3

Artie, don't go getting all rational on me now. I agree with the last 3/4 of your post, but the Banks thing is an issue.

It is silly to look at who was available when Banks was signed, because the Skins could've moved much sooner. Didn't you know in March that your QBs were George and Husak? Actually, you knew that much earlier. Oh yes, my friend, there was plenty of time to do something.

Salary cap? Sure it would be an issue with some of the QBs you might have acquired, but not others. For those that would command a decent salary, you would have had to cut more deadweight contracts (Wilkinson, Westbrook).....so what? You could have done it.

------------------

The Truth shall set you free.

The only thing I'm a stickler for is driving Artie nuts, which you must admit, is great sport.

Why are the QBs I named so impossible? Look at all the bloated, underperforming contracts on your roster?

Attacking the Bucs QBs is just avoiding the question. The Bucs put terrible teams around Young, and Dilfer was a miracle.

------------------

Felonious-babe.........the mere fact you have admitted in a public forum that you will spend Saturday charting plays and watching a 30-3 debacle again, tells anyone of intelligence all they need to know about you. You simply know more about football than I do as I hardly watch a game all the way through in the first place, and I switch team jerseys every year hoping to say I was with a team all along.

I'm sure your "wife" (I thought partner was the word in vogue these days as it is in my case?) will be pleased that you continue to show just how much more devoted to making factual statements about the game of football rather than my continued rashness. I may have to inflate my date again this weekend just to express my superior living.

------------------

[edited.gif by Art on September 21, 2001.]

And I guess sending Doug Williams a smashed in watermellon after losing a 1981 playoff game to Dallas with the words "die ******" on the attached note is the way Bucs fans show their class to the only player until 1999 that took the team to a playoff win? cross.gif

You go back and ask Williams, Young, Testaverde or Dilfer and they will all tell you they were glad to be out of Deadsville..............

Better look out Bucs92, the Saints are coming up fast and if you don't look out might pass you to put your team in last place for cumulative record since 1976 evil.gif

Ru, you generally agree with all of what I write, but you hate so much that I treat you so roughly when you are wrong, that you refuse to let yourself latch onto the blinding light of truth and instead you niggle your way through conversations, and you do even that so badly it just opens you up to more body blows.

What Marty did with the backup quarterback was right and proper when the decision was made. He went with the young players, hoping to see what he had for the future. He hoped, as Redskin fans all did, that Husak would demonstrate a bit of flair and competence allowing him to server as the sure backup and future starter.

When he bombed so badly in the opening preseason game, Marty realized what a lot of Redskin fans on this board quickly realized. That Husak was not the answer. We were so desperate we were going to sign an Independent League baseball player of limited quarterbacking skills. When Banks came open, it was a better option, and at present, the Redskins are the sole team in the NFC to have two quarterbacks with 3,000-yard passing seasons in the NFL.

Neither quarterback is perfect. Both have flaws that have limited their success where they've played. But, both have performed at high levels in the league and have the physical ability to do so again. In hindsight, it might have been a worthwhile option to look for a quarterback earlier. Perhaps it would have been right to keep Stubby, avoid the cap hit and make a play for Grbac.

We didn't, and I think that decision was correct at the time. It proved to be a gamble that didn't pay off. That happens. As it did in Tampa with Leaf and yet still may with Johnson if the opener is an indication. So, I know you enjoy the sport of driving me nuts, but, I think you must first realize that in order to do so you must first have better information to use when taking your shots.

Talking about the numerous present Redskins that underperform and have inflated contracts might even be a fascinating and intelligent point. Except you don't have any idea what the contract value is for any Redskin player, and you are too dim to find out for yourself what the contract status is for the players on the team. So, your slight is a shot in the dark that, as with most of your shots, falls badly off the mark and continues to make us all wonder how any single person can be so limited.

------------------

Doom is in the box.

ah, well, I can see I have the blood boiling on this board yet again. I know when Artie imitates Tolstoy that I've struck a nerve.

Well, my stupid little friend, I'll leave you to daydreaming how a coach hopes a 6th round QB with no physical skills and no experience is a good gamble as the back-up QB. The Leaf situation is completely different. We already had 2 solid QBs, so he was a flier with little downside, unlike Marty's little gamble.

Enjoy breaking down the game film. I can't wait to hear how far downfield Lang was when he made all of those tackles!

I'm off for the weekend boys. The cold beer and warm comforts are calling. No Bucs Sunday, but Gators on Saturday should fill the bill quite nicely. The nice thing about bye weeks is I don't feel anxious on Sunday mornings.....you know, the way Artie does when he gets up and puts on his Darrell Green shirt, eye black, and gets a tape job from his "Wife"...........whatever.....have a good one fellas.

------------------

Ru, you are like a kitten introduced to catnip in these threads. Ever adorable, completely unable to stop himself from being baited and utterly dumbfounded at the experience afterward. You say the Bucs situation was different at QB because the Bucs had two solid quarterbacks already when they acquired Leaf.

Unfortunately this is another delusional position, likely based on the fact that you have never watched a Bucs game with King playing. As it happens, the Bucs have one solid quarterback at present. King is just another below average quarterback who's proven less than Banks in his career. But, thanks for playing little buddy.

I always enjoy hearing you make fun of me by explaining that somehow five paragraphs is a difficult read for you. Ouch. You got me. Will it be vanilla or chocolate ice cream from mom today Ru? Put yourself in that happy place and imagine your life to be better and I believe they will eventually let you out and back home with your folks. Hang in there. See you in a week when you better recover.

------------------

Doom is in the box.

Art

You shouldn't make up lies, buckaroo. I never said one thing about Carter other than he can run and you know it. Or you would have reposted my proclamation. A little light in the boxer shorts, eh Art?

And as to Marty...you were the one telling me in glorious terms how much of a disciplinarian he is. Yet he lets his starter stew for three days and doesn't speak to him. Especially a guy that has been labeled as a head case everywhere he's played. That is really dealing with the issues. And the sole reason I claim the game has passed ole Marty by.

Pat yourself on the back with your selective memory. You claims about intelligence only illuminate not only your giagantic misplaced ego on football knowledge but your revisionist history to deflect the point of the post.

But that is what I expected here in a place that deletes posts because they are afraid of the truth.

Enjoy obscurity, partner.

I got caught lying again. I apologize. I had no idea Atlskin keeps posts of mine to mock my stupidity later. Again, I'm sorry for being so completely busted here. I will try to make a better impression when I get over the embarrassment.

[edited.gif by Art on September 22, 2001.]

Originally posted by Bucs92:

Artie....the only things atrocious on this board are you spelling and grammar (emphasis added)

That was funny. Thanks for the laugh.

------------------

"Loosen up, Sandy baby. You're just too damn tight!" - John Riggins to Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor

----------------------

"I fear we've awakened a sleeping giant, and filled him with a terrible resolve."

- Japanese Imperial Admiral Yamamoto, after hearing that the Japanese declaration of war failed to reach the U.S. government before the attack upon Pearl Harbor

Two Deep,

First thing's first. You've had one post here deleted and that due to a total falsehood being told on YOUR part. Therefore it was removed and you were told to keep to a factual argument and your posts would remain.

I'm now tempted to remove your post above here, for the mere suggestion you've never said anything like I quoted you saying about Quincy. Your rationale for this is that if it were the case, then, obviously I'd have posted it. Let me assure you Two Deep, I do not obsess about you. And idiotic comments you make on other boards just don't make it here because I'd have to devote an entire message area for them, such is the volume of your idiocy and ignorance.

So, here's the post you wrote about Quincy Carter. Let's see if this refreshes your recollection......

"I am not one of those that believes a team wins or loses with one player. There are too many variables on a football field to point at one player and make a definitive statement that the problem laid at his feet. Thus my position on Carter is he could be the best QB in this draft. While Vick gets the accolades he is a QB that solves problems with his feet and not his arm. His height is another problem that will be there forever with this player. His stats more than not showed he was willing to run the ball.

"If the Falcons wanted a runningback they would have drafted someone else. Brees is a weak armed QB and like Vick is just 6 feet tall. I personally think he will surpass Vick in performance because of his desire. He will not be the next Favre.

But the real stud at this position, this year was Carter. He has the height and the arm to make all the passes. He is physically talented and possesses enough speed to get out of trouble. He sees himself as a QB and not a runner and to me that says everything. He needs work but then they all do coming out of college. He has an upside that projects as good if not better than any other QB in this years draft.

And prior to this last college season he was targeted as the #1 over-all pick. Does one season make him a bust now? I don't think so. Is he the franhcise? Who knows, but he has more potential than Banks and Wright and Stoerner."

Ooops, Two Deep. Looks like you got busted again for another lie. Or are we to believe you didn't mean it when you said, as you so quaintly did, "But the real stud at this position, this year was Carter."

I'm sorry little buddy, but, you've just gotten busted in another lie. That's two strikes. Not that you have any legitimacy left, but, don't you think it's sad for you to be so totally busted like this time and again? Bye, bye sweetheart. Way to go on that selective memory. smile.gif.

------------------

Doom is in the box.

Art,

This will be the last time. Banning me is a chicken sh*t way to win an argument. But the only way you can in this case.

However, you changed the subject because you see your pre-season bragging about Marty is under fire by some, including those in the organization, and possibly Snyder.

Further, you characterize a comment by me that was stated as potential and claimed I said it as fact. Just reading the statement of mine you posted showed your assertion not to be true.

But the real issue is you can't take any decenting voices because your little castle is built on sand. You Redskin fans bellyache about the team and bail out on anyone that doesn't immediately succeed.

Even Stephen Davis was questioned on this board. Incredible!

Art, you are the biggest fan in denial on this board. And a quitter on top of that. Because when you meet up with someone that doesn't cower at your vocabulary or your name calling and inserts the truth in this little butt-kissing enterprize you have here, you delete and ban them.

Now make all sorts of fun of this post or delete the whole thread. You've read this and know the truth. You just don't have the cajones to debate when your a plank or two shy of a barn with your facts.

But I invite you to come on over anytime and debate on our board. You don't have the hair on your a** to do so. But the invitations stands.

We don't have to delete your snivveling, because Art...we may be down this season and the next, but the fact still remains in the regular season series it's Dallas 47 Redskins 33 Tied 2.

We own you, sport!

Coward.

Ok, Palooka, let's play....

"Art,

This will be the last time. Banning me is a chicken sh*t way to win an argument. But the only way you can in this case."

Who said anything about banning you? I've never banned anyone, and I've only even threatened it once but Die Hard already banned that guy. I always win arguments with you Palooka. You're in way too deep. Like here, where you lie about what you said, and I've been forced to ridicule you for your foolishness. If you weren't such an easy mark, you'd feel less put upon.

"However, you changed the subject because you see your pre-season bragging about Marty is under fire by some, including those in the organization, and possibly Snyder."

I haven't changed any subject. I've spoken about Marty all offseason. I've offered critical words on Marty. I've offered support on Marty. I've questioned Marty's benching of George in the opener. I've questioned the game plan in the opener, and therefore Marty. Marty is not under fire by anyone in the organization. He's got a guaranteed four year contract. He can't come under fire.

"Further, you characterize a comment by me that was stated as potential and claimed I said it as fact. Just reading the statement of mine you posted showed your assertion not to be true."

It showed it precisely true. I said you said Carter was the best rookie QB, even better than Vick, who had more negatives than Carter. Which you did say. You did say, "But the real stud at this position, this year was Carter. He has the height and the arm to make all the passes. He is physically talented and possesses enough speed to get out of trouble. He sees himself as a QB and not a runner and to me that says everything. He needs work but then they all do coming out of college. He has an upside that projects as good if not better than any other QB in this years draft."

Now, I know how stupid you must feel for saying this, then denying it, then having it thrown back at you, but, that's your own fault little buddy. Not mine. I realize reading these words is an incredible indictment of your capacity to understand football and perhaps reading it sets off alarms even in your battered cranium.

"But the real issue is you can't take any decenting voices because your little castle is built on sand. You Redskin fans bellyache about the team and bail out on anyone that doesn't immediately succeed."

Huh? I love conflict. I attempt to create argument where none really exists. I play devil's advocate so frequently sometimes I'm not sure what I'm doing. I haven't seen anyone bailing out on Marty. I haven't seen anyone bailing out on the team. In fact, if you are still watching and rooting for the Redskins, you are well proven after eight years with only one playoff berth. Unlike Cowboy fans, we actually root for a team out of love, rather than periodic success. And when our team struggles, we stay on board through that struggle, while your group jumps off and waits for better days.

I'm sure you'll join them after another 1-15 season. But, feel free to say you were with the team all along in five years when they win eight games again.

"Even Stephen Davis was questioned on this board. Incredible!"

Absolutely right. Because a Redskin fan is honest about his team and his players. The manner Davis performed in the opener allows questioning. I know you guys can go 5-11 and just because they wear the star they are perfect, but, other than in Candyland, it's not true. And Redskins fans don't live in Candyland. You do live there. How do I know? Because you wrote that Carter is the real stud of the QB draft. You can lick that candy cane until your tongue bleeds, but, at no point will that idiocy come home to sound intelligent.

"Art, you are the biggest fan in denial on this board."

Am I? Odd, considering I'm the one who questioned the coaching staff I support after the opener when others blamed George, and I'm the one who took exception to Davis and his performance. To me, that seems far from denial. I'll give you an example of denial. When I say you said Carter was the best QB in the draft, and you say you didn't, that's denial, because, of course, you did say it.

"And a quitter on top of that. Because when you meet up with someone that doesn't cower at your vocabulary or your name calling and inserts the truth in this little butt-kissing enterprize you have here, you delete and ban them."

I've never banned anyone. I've deleted one of your posts when you came on board with total fabrications that had no basis in the truth. I know you want so badly to make a point against me, because as your superior, you strive to tear down that which you can not become. You are my Muslim terrorist. You hate what I have. Everything you lack. Intelligence, humor, honesty, realism and fairness. So, you work very hard to make it something else. And in your deceiptful and foolish mind, I'm certain you think you are winning these conversations. Which just makes it all the more hilarious Palooka.

"Now make all sorts of fun of this post or delete the whole thread. You've read this and know the truth. You just don't have the cajones to debate when your a plank or two shy of a barn with your facts."

Yes, Two Deep. It's well know I shy away from all debates. I'm rather passive. I can't take a conversation and I'm known not to defend my points. Ahh, take a left on Snikers Blvd. little buddy.

"But I invite you to come on over anytime and debate on our board. You don't have the hair on your a** to do so. But the invitations stands."

Are you that stupid? Two Deep, within a week I can tear your board apart. I can own your board, as I've owned your boards in the past. I can have your boys so focused on me they can think of nothing else. I know this because I haven't even spoken with you in over a year and you still show up here sore from the beatings you've taken from me in the past, and angry you never got in the contest. I don't board hop because I believe fans of other teams have a right to enjoy their delusions, even if we as Redskin fans don't share in them for our team. I've learned that when you interject with a little realism, you create a gaggle of stalkers. Like you.

"We don't have to delete your snivveling, because Art...we may be down this season and the next, but the fact still remains in the regular season series it's Dallas 47 Redskins 33 Tied 2.

We own you, sport!"

Hey. The Cowboys do. Just like I personally own you. Totally.

Coward.

That's me. You are too witty. I can't keep up.

------------------

Doom is in the box.

Archived