Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Underground Hip-Hop Thread

shk75

Anyone heard dr. dre's new album- Detox? I think it's a recent album...

I think he samples Dark Side of the Moon:whoknows:

song is titled It's you I adore

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Won't be released until like September this year at earliest.

He does have the PreTox mixtapes though.

Anyone else looking forward to Raekwon's Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2 and Sean Price's new album?

J-live- I used to be a HUGE fan of his til he starting producing for himself and now his **** sucks....I think Oddisee might be producing his next album.

I'll show some west coast love for J-Live. Awesome lyricist and MC, but I agree that the problem with him has always been the producers he works with. Some just plain suck.

For those who like J5, check out People Under the Stairs. Dinosaur hip hop at its best.

When it comes to freestylers, no one does it better than Supernatural.

Not a huge PUTS fan. Whats that one song they have though, by far their most popular...

I just hope Oddisee produces J-live's next album, it wont disappoint.

My favorite track from PUTS: The Suite For Beaver Part 1- Mark Farina does this track right on his MJ mix.

There are a couple that I definately dig. L.A.Song, S.F Knights, Hang Loose.

I also like a lot of the instrumental tracks they produce. Stuff that's just chill.

Everyone has pretty much nailed everything.

Here are a few more:

Zion I

The Grouch

C-rayz Walz

The RZA (my fav. of all time)

Thirstin Howl III

Afu-Ra

Lost Boyz

Last Emperor (all of you who were fans of comic books, check out secret wars!!! Best song ever)

Rakim

I see a lot of you all mention MF DOOM. I haven't really heard much of his stuff? Anyone got a link to his ish? I have a few songs where he is featured but nothing thats all him. Can someone hook me up, im tryin to check him out?

EDIT: Dilated Peoples are actually a damn good group. I love 20/20. I listen to it from start to finish easily...

Bought 20/20, and I love it. Its by far their best effort to date, IMO.

I also bought The Roots' Game Theory (before people here said it was no good), but I kind of like that too. Its not one of their best efforts, but I like it. Gonna have to go check out Tipping Point.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived