Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bye Tiki!

emor09

I am for respecting our rivals players, but sorry westbrook is not a great runningback. The guy cannot run inside runs for his life, if you watch him play it is always outside runs that get him success. Westbrook is an average back with great speed.

He had over 1900 all purpose yards :doh: Average my butt. did you see the cuts yesterday on the long td run? The moves under /through defenders to pick up first down? He's a smaller back so he is not going to run over DT's but get real.

I agree on the Westbrook note. So underused considering his abilities.

That may be changing now. The Eagles playcalling has changed with Garcia and I wouldn't be suprised if they don't continue running the ball more when McNabb comes back next year.

TheFan

• 2 weeks later...
He had over 1900 all purpose yards :doh: Average my butt. did you see the cuts yesterday on the long td run? The moves under /through defenders to pick up first down? He's a smaller back so he is not going to run over DT's but get real.

Really? How long until he got a 1,000 yard season rushing? 4 years? Sounds average to me.

Well, there will be another RB to deal with aside from Jacobs. The Giants already said they want to find a RB that can team up with Jacobs. It will be a two headed monster. I'm curious if it will be a free agent or a draft pick.

It probably won't be Turner considering the Jets are seriously considering offering their first round pick to the Chargers for him.

Really? How long until he got a 1,000 yard season rushing? 4 years? Sounds average to me.

As an all-around player, he is well above average. Also consider that his lack of 1000 yard rushing seasons isn't because of a lack of ability... Andy Reid just doesn't present him that many opportunities and - as we saw this season - he can do very well with 15+ carries a game.

This is the only season he's had more than 200 carries... and he averaged 5.1 ypc. Over the rest of his career he's never had more than 177 carries in a season and has never averaged less that 4.0 ypc in a single season. Factor in his notoriously good abilities as a receiver and he is far from average.

Basically, I can sum it all up as such... you need to pull your head out of your own ass and recognize the player for what he's worth.

Archived