Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

when gibbs goes (not a fire gibbs thread)

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

who would you guys like to see as our coach? and im not talking specific people either. the future of this team, should we go after a young guy or a seasoned coach? i look at teams like the saints, and even though i was too young to remember Gibbs I, sean payton reminds me of what i assume joe gibbs was. young, full of passion, willing to take risks, and obviously has a great feel for the game. once gibbs is gone id love if this team hired a guy like that, someone young and eager to take this franchise to the top, but also aware that his job is his to keep if the team performs. it does kinda suck that joe knows its impossible for him to get fired.

:(

No way.

Nolan as head coach with Turner as OC!

:laugh:

What? That's the coaching staff in SF and they're turning it around out there? Damn!

:doh: :mad:

7-9 is turning it around lol. So if Betts did not fumble away the win. Campbell did not throw the INT for a touchdown and Betts did not fumble last week

Gibbs would have more passion?

BLloyd xmas reminds me so much of Czaben.

:(

7-9 is turning it around lol. So if Betts did not fumble away the win. Campbell did not throw the INT for a touchdown and Betts did not fumble last week

Gibbs would have more passion?

BLloyd xmas reminds me so much of Czaben.

He does give off a Czaben vibe...

I was partly joking about them turning it around...however, they do seem to be a pretty good team on the upswing. I want to be crystal clear that I, in no way, want either Norv or Nolan back on the Redskins' staff in any capacity.

I guess to answer the original question, depending on how the next two years go, my answers would differ.

For example, if we are touched by the grace of God and Gibbs retires after a couple playoff visits or (hold your breath) a Super Bowl...then I think we should keep as much in tact as possible.

However, if we have one or two more 10 or 11 loss seasons, then I think that we should start over once Gibbs steps down. I would be in favor of a young, hungry coach who hasn't proven anything and would be hired by our brand new GM!!

He does give off a Czaben vibe...

I was partly joking about them turning it around...however, they do seem to be a pretty good team on the upswing. I want to be crystal clear that I, in no way, want either Norv or Nolan back on the Redskins' staff in any capacity.

I guess to answer the original question, depending on how the next two years go, my answers would differ.

For example, if we are touched by the grace of God and Gibbs retires after a couple playoff visits or (hold your breath) a Super Bowl...then I think we should keep as much in tact as possible.

However, if we have one or two more 10 or 11 loss seasons, then I think that we should start over once Gibbs steps down. I would be in favor of a young, hungry coach who hasn't proven anything and would be hired by our brand new GM!!

HAHAH. I swear he is Czaben. He has those sports radio questions.

And they live in the same area. But would czabe post on a message board?

Archived