Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Draft 2007-Early preview of possible pick ups

Lavarleap56

Ok on this christmas day I started researching and looking forward to our presents in April barring anything drastic from the front office. here are some scounting reports and extra goodies.

Might be fun to think of trade down scenarios and such to get the most players we can from the draft.

DE- Phillip Daniels, Renaldo Wynn- Great team guys and leaders on the defense however some more production is needed from this position. The Redskins have had a minumal pass rush at best from its front four and has had to go heavly to the blitz to apply pressure to opposing qbs. Gregg Williams cover schemes behind his blitz schemes have been figured out it appears and as a result we still get minimul pressure from blitzing and our secondary is getting exposed.

Here is a list of the top DE prospects entering this years draft:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/de.html

Im not so sold on if we go for DE if we hold on to our Top Ten pick, after doing some research it appears there is no one cant miss standout in the bunch. The 07 D raft feastures a bunch of Tweeners that seem would be ideal fits in most 34 schemes as a outside LB. I would hate to reach for a prospect just for because we need a DE.

some of the guys I would look at:( Some players not with the top ten pick but if we trade down could be a good possibility)

1- Gaines Adams

2- Victor Abiamiri

3-Adam Carriker

4-Baraka Atkins- I know not really well known, but have watched him play a few times this year and came away impressed. In miamis last game of the year he was a monster in the run game and had consistant pressure on the qb all day.

DT- Joe Salavae-

K.Golston could be a find for this front office or a player playing do to neccessity at this point it is hard to tell. Griffin is a sud but is getting older and starting since last season to have injuries that keep him out a few games during the season. Anothy Montgomery appears like a project at this point and didnt see much action towards the end of the year so who knows. Through out most of the year we have been gashed in the run game at the most crucial moments.

DT preview-http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/dt.html

some of the guys I would look at:( Some players not with the top ten pick but if we trade down could be a good possibility)

1-Alan Branch

2-Frank Okam

3-Amobi Okoye- Maybe a interesting pick if we slide down a little and grab some more picks.Played at lousville as a true freshman at 16 years old and is 20 at the time the draft would take place.

If we go DT id go with what appears to be a sure thing in Alan Branch or slide back and go for Amobi Okoye

ILB- Lamar Marshall- Maybe coming back from shoulder surgery has been a struggle and he could regain his form from last season but clearly dissapeared this season . Marshall struggled to get off blocks and was exposed in coverage often this season.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/ilb.html

1-Patrick Willis- Have watched him play this year and he looks like a solid absolute stud at the MLB spot.

2-H.B. Blades

3- Nate Harris- Seen him in a few of Lousivilles games this year and can cover alot of ground and covers pretty well IMO from what i saw of him.

CB- Shawn Springs- Well i posted earlier about this basically he plays well and appears to solidify our secondary when he is available to play. With that being said Springs has a high cap figure and with the turmoil that occured during the season we will be in the market for a starting corner.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/cb.html

1-Marcus McCauley- From what i have seen he can really run. unfortunately has a little Carlos in him in terms of dropping the ball but overall good do very well for us and give us some spped back in our secondary. Some people might shy away from the " Takes to many Risks at times" comment but to me 11 turnovers created by our defense in 15 games, Its time to stop playing it safe and go for the big play.

2- Aaron Ross- Put him over Leon Hall based on the opinion that Ross can get so much better

3-Leon Hall

Overall i feel if we go corner we need to go with a playmaker. Yes we can make do with a solid type player as in Leon Hall but i see alot of Mike Rumph in Halls game when Rumph was coming from the U. Hall plays pretty physical in coverage and with the rules in the NFL u cant play that way anymore.

S-Vernon Fox, Adam Archuletta, Pierson P.-

Well overall we need better safty play IF pierson can come back and not show any ill affects from the ACL injury than this might not be a glarring need this year to fill with a top prospect BUT pierson is also getting older. Vernon Fox is a deamon on special teams and has shown moments in starting for us however i ahve seen him on the ground to much while RBs are running past him.

1-Leron Laundry

2- Michael Griffin- COUld be intersting combo With him and Sean T in the back field. The amount of starters we play on Special Teams is also A interesting thing to look at in terms of this pick

3-Brandon Meriweather- Now under normal circumstances i would say no way does Joe Gibbs go for this guy however they went after K. Golston last season and he had off the field troubles as well. Greg Williams likes his players to play multiple positions and this guy does it well. Plus dont forget Portis lobbies for UM players come draft time .

4-Aaron Rouse- Almost like a st clone in terms of on the field attitude but not ability. If the front office is looking for a run support safty to mix in with Pierson then could be interesting.

Whats your take on Rhema McKnight. Think he can have a solid pro career, or just another decent Wr.

Don't see all the ND Games. I just know the Longhorns haven't had that Big time WR since Roy. But, Limas Sweed isn't half bad.

Rhema McKnight runs his routes ok and has decent hands, but boy is he good at getting jump balls. He's worth a late round pick, but he won't be anything special.

LaRon Landry is a stud. He is the best safety I've seen in college football since cough Sean Taylor cough. He is the leader of the LSU defense. He would be great to pair with Taylor but we need a new DE more than anything so I'd pass on Landry. It would be fun as hell though to watch them two back there.

Rhema McKnight runs his routes ok and has decent hands, but boy is he good at getting jump balls. He's worth a late round pick, but he won't be anything special.

Thanks. The one WR I have my eye set on in the late rounds is Dallas Baker. I think he can be got in the 3rd round. But if we didn't get DB, I would settle for a guy like Rhema. Thanks for the info.

Man I hope so. But the problem is, when we drafted him we had the whole Two tight end set thing going. But without Drew, we went away from it. HE is going to be good, but hard to get a lot of PT behind Witten.

It'll be unfortunate if he doesn't get a lot of PT, he's a freak of nature but his hands need a little fine tuning.

• 4 months later...

Archived