Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

when we use our 5th overall pick in the draft

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

I would trade it for more draft picks in the later rounds. I dont think one rookie is going to solve much

that is the smartest thing to do especially since we have no draft this year it would be nice to get a later pick in the 1st round a 2nd or third round pick and a fourth in the deal.which could be possible with a top 5 pick. It would be nice if we could find a team that would pull a Mike Ditka and give us their whole draft

Gaines Adams has been a great college pass rusher, but it is way too early to call him the next coming of Julius Peppers. First of all, he needs to put on weight. The upside is that he has the frame to do it and hopefully not lose much speed. However, I'm a bit worried that he might be a liability against the run. I wouldn't be against drafting him, but it could be a risky scenario. Either way I don't think we should automatically just trade down. If the talent is there in the position we need and they honestly think he can be an almost immediate impact player then we should go for it.

IMO if we didn't go for Adams we should trade down for a later 1st rounder plus a 2nd or 3rd. We then use our later 1st rounder to pick up LaMarr Woodley if he is available. The guy is a complete beast in the mold of Dwight Freeney. Same size (both are tanks, but fast), both great pass rushers and great against the run, both are intense players who have motors that simply don't stop. He has had a hell of a year (11 sacks, tons of tackles for loss). Big 10 defensive player of the year and Big 10 defensive lineman of the year. IMO he is underrated and is flying a bit in the shadow of the glamor of Adams or Moses. I think he would compliment Carter very well and Daniels is getting up there in age.

MLB I agree with the other poster who suggested we pick up Lance Briggs. He is an OLB now but I think could transition to MLB without problems. He is very tough and is a tackling machine (more than Urlacher so far this year). Marshall is just not cutting it and is getting run over. Could be injury, but he still isn't great MLB material, IMO. CB we could go for Clements or Samuel in FA. You really want a young proven guy at CB if you're looking for an immediate impact. Upside of Clements is he is familiar with GW's defense and is a true #1 corner. Downside is he will come with a very high price tag (will probably want top 3 CB money) and I'm not sure he is worth it. Samuel has had a great year and is almost as good as Clements and will come with a smaller price tag. It's a toss up.

Archived