Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game has passed Gibbs By...

GARY_CLARK84

It hurts to say this..but the game has passed him by....we had super weak schedule when we made the run last year..beating the Cards,Rams, the giants and eagles were both injuried teams, and Cowboys. It was Smoke n Mirrors.

Sad to say, but you may be right. And it has happened to some of the greatest of all-time; Halas, Brown, Landry, Shula, Grant and Noll. All HOF'rs, but all were victims of changing times. Gibbs is a true class act all the way through, however, being away from the game for so long may have finally caught up with him.

It hurts to say this..but the game has passed him by....we had super weak schedule when we made the run last year..beating the Cards,Rams, the giants and eagles were both injuried teams, and Cowboys. It was Smoke n Mirrors.

I think Gibbs gave the game up to more people than he needed to.

He gave all his duties to people that have never been in those positions and we had to suffer through all of their adjustments. :mad:

All these positional coaches are BS position created so Gibbs can multitask with Nascar.

I disagree.

People are once again giving these knee jerk reactions to another inconsistant performance.

We ran the ball solid all day yesterday. People are saying that we should have continued to pound the ball. But what do we always here EVERYONE saying when it comes to an effective offense? BALANCE. A good run/pass ratio. Its not Gibbs fault or Saunders fault that our players couldnt execute when they called something other than a run.

Lets not forget that we have a second year QB trying to run an offense that was sub-par with a seasoned vet running it. Lets not also discount the fact that its EVERYONES first year in this offense, whether you like it or not, its going to take time for everyone to get comfortable with A) the system, and B) the "rookie" QB.

Lets also not discount the collapse of our sketchy D-fence, even though they were better than they have been in most games this year.

Guest sith lord
I disagree.

People are once again giving these knee jerk reactions to another inconsistant performance.

Knee jerk? What are you talking about? This team, as far as I'm concerned, hasn't played all that good since Gibbs came back. We went from 6-10 to 10-6 to 4-8 so far this season. The 3rd year is when things are supposed to come together, not fall apart. Lets face facts, Gibbs has lost this team.

I think Gibbs gave the game up to more people than he needed to.

He gave all his duties to people that have never been in those positions and we had to suffer through all of their adjustments. :mad:

All these positional coaches are BS position created so Gibbs can multitask with Nascar.

I can't say I totally disagree with this post.

Tell that to Bill Parcells.

Bingo. This whole 3rd year myth is a joke. The game has not passed him. We caught some tough breaks this year. We never had a healthy Clinton Portis and we all se how well we cover without Springs. Too many cooks in the kitchen I agree. All he needs to do is lose about half of his staff.

Go right a head and jump off the wagon....I think alot of people had unrealistic expectations this year. Look at Joe's accomplishments:

1. He got the brunell monkey off our back!

2. Al saunders offense will start to mature in the SECOND year. Go back and look at all the running stats for Priest Holms in that offense.You would really have to be blind to not see how that situation will eventually reap benefits.

Play Calling is so freeking over rated....Its all about execution...period

3. look at the injuries this team and Joe has dealt with this year.

4. we are not the Raiders or the giants...There has been little whinning from the players...they stick together...tom friend or not.

You and others make a big mistake in under estimating a great man who is commited and successful in all that he does and has done. The next Super bowl will be that much sweeter for those who's support does not waiver. Hail Freekin Skins:notworthy

.....You and others make a big mistake in under estimating a great man who is commited and successful in all that he does and has done. The next Super bowl will be that much sweeter for those who's support does not waiver. Hail Freekin Skins

Yup

Year 4 of the 5 Year Plan coming up;

Better Draft Picks (and a #1!)

Easier Schedule (for 2 games)

Healthy Portis/Springs/Moss/ect.....

Post 1 Year Saunders Offense Funk

Campbell 1/2 a season of seasoning

And Gibbs promised to stay until the ship is on course:applause:

HTTR!

It's posts and attitudes such as this one that make me sad to be a Redskins fan today.

Can you point to one thing that makes you belive that the Game has passed Gibbs by? No, I didn't think so. A weeker stretch run last year when we won 5 straight in the N...F....L...

Then won a playoff game ON THE ROAD................

Made a hell of a showing in a divisional playoff game 2,300 MILES FROM HOME on a short week.

Not to personally attack you, but, I'm so tired of this kind of dribble about the game passing Gibbs by, or his lack of GM abilities, or the "too many coaches" arguments.

LISTEN UP FOLKS............. Where would you rather be. Hiring another college coach after Spurriers third straight .500 or losing season. Attempting to "resurrect" a cast off coaches career, like Jim Fassel. Are you in the "lets hope Cowher retires then comes to the Skins" crowd.

Cowher's won ONE Superbowl in how many years as a head coach?

GET OFF GIBBS' CASE. He is doing the best he can with what he is dealt. The defense has let this team down this year and the offense has not produced up to its capabilities. Ultimately, this is Gibbs' fault; however, HOW DARE YOU say that the game has passed him by judging him by the TEAMS ultimate downfalls. This team is not being outcoached based upon offensive or defensive philosophies. The team is suffering from breakdowns at critical times, both offensively and defensively.

:mad:

I am so tired of people comparing Gibbs to Parcell. Parcell has been with the Cowboys for what 4 or 5 years and has only been to the playoffs once. Granted, the Cowboys probably will make the post season this year but will they win a game. They have not won a game in the post season since their last Super Bowl. Gibbs has been here three years and thus has accomplished the same thing Parcell has thus far but take the point further Gibbs won a playoff game unlike Parcell. There is just too much parity in the league and fans need to understand this when it comes to the present day NFL.

Archived