Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offensive strategy changed (proof)...

chaught76

Are you blind? Look at the plays. Its run run pass, run run pass. Your own stats dont support you, that, is sad.

In the second half, until we had that final drive, we NEVER passed the ball before the third play of the drive. EVERY SINGLE drive started off with 2 runs?

How is that getting away from the run???? Oy. The people on this board make my head hurt. Im begining to think the only ones capable of rational thinking left weeks ago.

Are you blind? Look at the plays. Its run run pass, run run pass. Your own stats dont support you, that, is sad.

In the second half, until we had that final drive, we NEVER passed the ball before the third play of the drive. EVERY SINGLE drive started off with 2 runs?

How is that getting away from the run???? Oy. The people on this board make my head hurt. Im begining to think the only ones capable of rational thinking left weeks ago.

Campbell threw the ball 38 times. Betts had 28 carries for 156 yards.

Betts should have gotten at least ten more carries. Did you watch the game? The running game was killing the Falcons and we should have stayed with it longer.

:logo:

Umm in all but maybe 3 series redskins ran the ball more than pass (according to your summary) the 3 where they did not was the last drive before the half when they were trying to get another score before time ran out.

and the last 2 drives when they were down and needed to get downfield quickly as most teams do to win when they are losing.

your stats really didn't prove anything other than that Atlanta's defense probably made better changes on during the half than Redskins offense made.

Edit - OK it looks like 4 drives they were pasisng more not 3

highlight....it's not showing up when i view it

not the point...this proves it was stupid

11 carries for 62 yards on first 2 possessions that led to 2 TD's...very next drive

3rd Series TOP: 55 sec

-Campbell incomplete deep to Moss.

-ARE End-round -2 yards.

-Campbell Shotgun, Inc. to ARE on right side.

-Punt

why?

also if you look at it...when we ran that brought us into field goal range or a TD (and one costly pick)...passing more did absolutely nothing for us...our big passes were after we had great running and it was playaction

Campbell threw the ball 38 times. Betts had 28 carries for 156 yards.

Betts should have gotten at least ten more carries. Did you watch the game? The running game was killing the Falcons and we should have stayed with it longer.

Ok last post I make on the subject, because people here just... wow.

Its like talking to a brick wall. Except the brick wall shows more promise.

Why did Campbell throw 38 times? look at WHEN he threw them. You have the plays RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU. At the end of the game, when we were down by 10 points(the same drive that only got down to their endzone with 2 minutes left), he threw 21 passes. At the VERY end of the game. At the end of the first half, he threw 5 passes(2 minute drill again). The rest of the game? 12 passes. 12. Thats it. Pass happy? I dont think so. Its basic, fundamental, rudimentry football knowledge. The playbyplay is right there. Only once in the entire game, did we throw a pass on one of the first two plays of the drive. Once(not counting end of half/end of game drives).

Ok last post I make on the subject, because people here just... wow.

Its like talking to a brick wall. Except the brick wall shows more promise.

Why did Campbell throw 38 times? look at WHEN he threw them. You have the plays RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU. At the end of the game, when we were down by 10 points(the same drive that only got down to their endzone with 2 minutes left), he threw 21 passes. At the VERY end of the game. At the end of the first half, he threw 5 passes(2 minute drill again). The rest of the game? 12 passes. 12. Thats it. Pass happy? I dont think so. Its basic, fundamental, rudimentry football knowledge. The playbyplay is right there. Only once in the entire game, did we throw a pass on one of the first two plays of the drive. Once(not counting end of half/end of game drives).

So, because people disagree with you, a brick wall shows more promise because you refuse to see anything but your own opinion? Try not being so narrow minded.

The third series really changed our flow. We have the ball at midfield, our running game is clicking and we come out and pass. Our timing of the decision to pass was terrible.

For instance, 3 and 2 at around midfield, we ran the previous two plays, what do we do the next play? We pass even though the run has been killing them the entire game. We passed at the wrong times in the first half is what many people are trying to say. We got away from the run in the first half. That is why we had to throw so much towards the end. We stopped controlling the game with Betts/Duckett.

I really thought Betts was going to get 40 carries, maybe he should have.

Oh, and in a different thread you suggest Gibbs give up playcalling duties, guess what? We have a new OC! I am sure you are shocked to find this out. His name is Al Saunders and he now calls the plays.

Ya buddy, you are really on top of things, you know everything and everyone should listen to you. :rolleyes:

So, because people disagree with you, a brick wall shows more promise because you refuse to see anything but your own opinion? Try not being so narrow minded.

The third series really changed our flow. We have the ball at midfield, our running game is clicking and we come out and pass. Our timing of the decision to pass was terrible.

For instance, 3 and 2 at around midfield, we ran the previous two plays, what do we do the next play? We pass even though the run has been killing them the entire game. We passed at the wrong times in the first half is what many people are trying to say. We got away from the run in the first half. That is why we had to throw so much towards the end. We stopped controlling the game with Betts/Duckett.

I really thought Betts was going to get 40 carries, maybe he should have.

Oh, and in a different thread you suggest Gibbs give up playcalling duties, guess what? We have a new OC! I am sure you are shocked to find this out. His name is Al Saunders and he now calls the plays.

Ya buddy, you are really on top of things, you know everything and everyone should listen to you. :rolleyes:

:applause: :cheers: :applause:

Archived