Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Position by Position Breakdown

Joncevensen

QB

Campbell - He had a solid first half, a mediocre second half, didn't help he did not know the 2 minute offense. I feel comfortable with him as the starting QB next year though.

Brunell - Solid Back up and teacher for Campbell. I think he could relieve Campbell if necessary for a game.

Collins - I think his gone after this season and replaced by a low draft pick or an undrafted rookie that will be groomed to be the back up.

RB

Portis - Betts played a great game today, but on some of those 10 yard runs where he had only one man to beat, Portis would have scored. Thats the difference between a good RB and an amazing RB.

Betts- We have to keep him, and I think he stays. Portis will be limited next year anyway to avoid injuries, and with the inevitable recommitment to the run, Betts will get 10-15 carries to go with Portis 20-25.

Cartwright- This guy should be the special teams captain. He's a "true Redskins" and he's everything we want associated with the Redskins. Hard working, determined, etc.

Duckett- Gone...you think he actually his happy with his minimal carries?

FB

Sellers- Back, might even be the short yardage back.

TE

Cooley - Signed to a 6 year extension.

Fauria and Co. - we will try to get another young TE through either FA or low draft picks. Look at what Dallas is doing with Witten and Fasano. The coaches have.

WR

Moss - Playmaker, who doesnt moan

Randle El - X factor, who plays passionately

Lloyd - starting to show some life with Campbell

Patten- he's not coming back

Thrash - he's back for one more year.

Espy- the fifth wide out next year that is groomed to replace thrash.

OT

Jansen - get him back in shape and he will be back to his old form

Dockery - resigned for six years

Rabach - either replaced or works on adding muscle

Thomas - how many penalties? less than ten? less than five?

Samuels - (yes i know jansen and samuels are switched) its not his fault he has to block two guys so the outside blitzer comes in free.

Back ups- dont have anything to form an opinion on

DL

Daniels - Old...probably done as a Redskins

Wynn - probably starting next year

Golston - our future DT star

Griffin - two more years, then he's replaced by Montgomery

Salve'a - he will be the third/fourth DT in the rotation

Carter - showing promise, he will improve

Evans - will see increased playing time

LB

McIntosh - starts next year

Posey- back up

Marshall - starts

Washington - starts, blitzes more

Campbell - backs up

Holdman - gone

CB

Rogers - stays, becomes #1

Springs - if he wasnt the mole, he stays as the nickel and we get a new starting CB.

Jimoh - stays

Rumph & Wright - gone, we get another backup on the cheap.

S

Taylor - next year is Pro Bowl

AA - this could get real ugly, real fast. Let's see if there is another plasma delivered.

Prioleau - starts next year

Fox - stays

Doughty- stays

Vincent- stays

special teams

K

Suisham & Novak

both will be kept this whole year and scouted, they will face competition from either a young rookie or an established veteran

P

Frost has played well, he'll have competition though

LS

Until Albright makes a single bad snap, he wont see competition

Of course, this is just basic commentary and this is being written after a really depressing loss.

well i came in here to harass your ideas, but the only thing that i thought was stupid was that you put springs and mole in the same line. what the hell? this is the same guy who was on arringtons back for not playing with the defense. no damn chance in hell he is the mole, just think about it.

I don't care if Springs is the mole or not, I doubt we can get anyone of his caliber anyway. He is either going to have to move to FS or stay as either the #1 or #2 CB. No way do we have enough corners to relegate him to Nickel. We need another good corner, there is no way around it.

I don't care if Springs is the mole or not, I doubt we can get anyone of his caliber anyway. He is either going to have to move to FS or stay as either the #1 or #2 CB. No way do we have enough corners to relegate him to Nickel. We need another good corner, there is no way around it.

Who cares about his caliber if he can't manage to stay on the field. We need to bring in a true #1 corner. And yes, Springs was the mole.

i think the original thread isn't far off.i think Betts goes next year though with a much improved market value after this year.Portis starts,Duckett for short yardage and backin up,and as usual Rock whenever we need someone.there's still Sellars.i think Rabach stays no matter what just for continuity on the line but i agree with you he's the weak link.the rest of the offense i agree with.and finally i think you nailed the D except for Springs.we need another reliable corner and we need another genuine safety like Taylor.AA has to go no matter what, cap hit or not.More blitzes.new kicker next year.second year in the sytem for the offense,and Campbell,so they should gel alot better next year.FIX THE DEFENSE!!great thread:cheers::2cents:

Wynn - probably starting next year

:paranoid:

Wynn is a nice guy and a good vet backup, but if he's starting we are screwed. Daniels is only a year older, I dont know why you think Wynn will take his job. What we need to do is draft/sign a replacement.

Also, your plan doesnt make me feel good about our CBs at all. Rogers is going to be the #1, and Springs the #3? Then we dump our nickel and dime backs and get a backup "on the cheap"? (love that phrase :rolleyes: ) We're obviously going to need to draft/sign a #2 at some point too. We need to actually get some GOOD players at CB, we've been screwing around here and it hasnt worked. I'd be pretty pissed if our highest draft pick is used any other way, unless we manage to land a guy like Nate Clements in free agency.

Other than that it looks good. I like the idea of making Sellers the short yardage guy, he's looked good every time we let him run. I agree that Prileaou would probably be sufficient at SS.We need DE, CB, and OL (backups) in the offseason. Hmmm... that sounds familiar. :doh:

Oh, and a kicker would be GREAT (Josh Brown plz!!!)

:paranoid:

Wynn is a nice guy and a good vet backup, but if he's starting we are screwed. Daniels is only a year older, I dont know why you think Wynn will take his job. What we need to do is draft/sign a replacement.

Also, your plan doesnt make me feel good about our CBs at all. Rogers is going to be the #1, and Springs the #3? Then we dump our nickel and dime backs and get a backup "on the cheap"? (love that phrase :rolleyes: ) We're obviously going to need to draft/sign a #2 at some point too. We need to actually get some GOOD players at CB, we've been screwing around here and it hasnt worked. I'd be pretty pissed if our highest draft pick is used any other way, unless we manage to land a guy like Nate Clements in free agency.

Other than that it looks good. I like the idea of making Sellers the short yardage guy, he's looked good every time we let him run. I agree that Prileaou would probably be sufficient at SS.We need DE, CB, and OL (backups) in the offseason. Hmmm... that sounds familiar. :doh:

Oh, and a kicker would be GREAT (Josh Brown plz!!!)

The reason I said Wynn will start is because we can't afford to sign both a starting CB (like Clements) and a high caliber DE (like Freeney) and a high caliber kicker (Josh Brown), as this past year would teach us, just not good business practice. Wynn would start for one year.

And to everyone worried bout my comment bout Springs as the mole, I believe that he wasnt, but then the suprise inactive, that came out of no where, especially since he practiced all week. Either way though, i dont think he can cover a starting receiver, i think he will become the guy that shuts down the slot receiver (the receiver that tends to burn us).

Archived