Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

San Diego And Dallas

RiggoReincarnated

our D stopped you guys better than anybody all year....

Actually Bledsoe and Julius Jones stomped through your defense in week two. Remember we play you twice. You guys played us tough the second game which is to be expected from a division rival at their home. With the score 19-12, T.O. dropping a sure touchdown also changed the complexion of the game somewhat as well.

If TO didn't drop that pass, you guys would've won is BS. If the refs called holding penalties, we would've beat you.

Let's just forget that game and get over it....We won the second time.

Okay, we split. I'm fine with that. I didn't say if T.O. caught the pass we would have won. I said that because you said you defended us so well in the second game.

You can't run the ball when trailing by 3 TDs like Tampa was. Yet Williams still ran well, any one saw that - 17 car for 78 yrds. The Bucs rushing O ran for over 100 yrds, in Dallas on Thanksgiving. They averaged 4.2 per rush.

No one in their right mind thinks Portis is the "best back in the league."

Just in case you're unaware:

People keep saying this, but outside of one 22 yard run, Williams was stuffed all day

C.Williams up the middle to TB 22 for 2 yards

C.Williams right end to TB 26 for 4 yards

C.Williams up the middle to DAL 21 for 3 yards

C.Williams up the middle to DAL 18 for 3 yards

C.Williams right tackle to DAL 1 for 4 yards

C.Williams up the middle to TB 29 for -2 yards

C.Williams left tackle to TB 34 for 5 yards

C.Williams up the middle to TB 36 for 2 yards

C.Williams left guard to TB 45 for 5 yards

C.Williams left guard to TB 48 for 3 yards

C.Williams right end to DAL 30 for 22 yards

C.Williams right tackle to TB 19 for 6 yards

C.Williams right tackle to TB 24 for 5 yards

C.Williams left tackle to TB 19 for 5 yards

C.Williams up the middle to TB 30 for 3 yards

C.Williams right tackle to TB 27 for 3 yards

C.Williams left end to TB 24 for 5 yards

10 of his runs went for 4 or less

1 went for more than 6 yards

Without that 22 yard run he has a little over 50 yards for a 3.5 average

As for Clinton Portis he got 84 yards on 23 carries for a 3.6 average, and that included his long run

Our rush D has allowed like 958 yards in 11 games for a 3.5 average

Saying our rush D has been poor is just false

I think these two teams are mirror images of each other. Its too bad we let Schottenheimer go :doh: He was turning things around here.

Very good to great young QB, potent offense, stifling defense.

The Chargers have LT, but the Cowboys have the better receiving corps.

I think the Chargers or Ravens make the Super Bowl from the AFC. The Colts are a playoff team, but they don't have the defense to win in January.

There's some similarities. LT is a much better running back, but the combo of Jones and Barber is really producing extremely well for Dallas. Strangely enough, I think SD's 2 TE formation is working better for them than Dallas, but while Lorenzo Neal is great people have yet to notice the monsterous blocking that rookie FB Oliver Hoyte has been doing for Dallas.

Defensively they are only the same in their base scheme...the 3-4. Dallas has a good secondary, SD's is pretty poor. But SD's defense is a battle of their pass rush. People talk about Castillo and Merriman, but it's Jammal Williams who really opens things up for those two. While Merriman and Castillo are great players, I don't think they'd be nearly as effective if they has say Jason Ferguson (who is playing very well) instead of Williams. Williams is a freakish type of player. He's like Pat Williams with pass rush ability.

So for SD, it's important that they get to the QB in order to protect against their shaky secondary play. For Dallas, they often seem better if they only rush 4 guys (although they have to be able to disguise the 4th pass rusher) than if they send a blitz.

Still, I wouldn't overlook Chicago. They play great defense and are great at forcing turnovers. I'd be interested to see how Chicago and Dallas matchup against each other since both teams have parts that could work well against each other.

YAKUZA

What's final is your season. :rolleyes:

grasping at straws

1. trying to find reasons to feel hopeful about a bad situation.

:doh: You really think I'm talking to Dallas fans to feel better when my team is doing bad. I know the skins suck this year and this hasn't made me feel better. But, For WeOwnYOU, If you guys got called for holding and you didin't score....What could've happened?

Just get over it...You guys lost and don't blame TO or the Refs. The Refs in that game sucked for both of us. TO doesn't have JErry Rice hands, he never has and he never will.

SOme people also have the nerve to say that the cowboys got jipped because of the refs...and that is entirely false.

Dallas secondary ain't something to cheer about either, but it is better than the Chargers, I'll give you that. Your 2nd CB(Henry???)is a little too agressive and will get alot of penalties. Newman is a good corner, not shutdown but good. Roy, when forced to cover is a liability, but when he plays Zone he has a great sense of sniffing out the pass and who it goes too. Your FS has been a nonfacter lately. So IMO, They should attack the left side of the field.

:doh: You really think I'm talking to Dallas fans to feel better when my team is doing bad. I know the skins suck this year and this hasn't made me feel better. But, For WeOwnYOU, If you guys got called for holding and you didin't score....What could've happened?

We just blew out the Bucs and we have our sights set on the giants. We've won 4-5 and we're on a roll and you want to discuss calls in the skins game? You're in our review mirror man. I congratulate you for beating us. :(

Archived