Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's God Will...

skinnyles

I think one of the major problems is this continued excuse of God's Will as the reason for our performance. I'm sick of it...It is, to be quite frank, a cop out!!!

Listening to Philip Daniels interview, I couldn't believe he blamed the wierd completion in the end zone on Gods will....Combine this with all of the other coaches and players blaming God, instead of themselves, and sure, it's easy to not to have to take responsibility for you own actions. After all.. you cant control fate...RIGHT!!

And lastly, when did Football have anything to do with God's Will....If that were the case, and JG as our coach, we should be undefeated...RIGHT?

I agree we should pray for a injury free game , but not the outcome.

It's time for our team to get their heads out of the clouds and back into football...If we dont...Heaven forbid!!!

i do agree a bit as well. Ultimately, someone is responsible for the actions, and it does seem like people saying "it was God's will that they were successful on that play" use it as a scapegoat in a sense. I have nothing wrong with people who have faith, but there is definitely a line.

I just posted this in another thread. It's not meant to be serious. A serious discussion of God and Sports should probably be taken to the Tailgate section. IMO.

I vote that the problem is with the Football Gods. That's a lot easier than thinking through all that's happened and reaching a defensible conclusion. Defensible, because it's surely going to be attacked. But who can argue with or attack the Football Gods? Are they not omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent?

They control the way that odd shaped ball bounces. They know which players will overachieve or underachieve, and whisper suggestions into the coaches' ears. They're in both locker rooms simultaneously, fomenting dissent in one, and cementing unity in the other. We're helpless against them. We have no recourse, other than to resign ourselves to our fate, which they have already decided.

It's too bad. But it can't be helped. Oh, woe is we. Oh, woe is we.

What is to be done? Haven't we already offered up human sacrifices on the altar of injury? Haven't we already wept and gnashed our teeth with great emotion on ES? Haven't we already repented of every personnel move and play call at one time or another? WHAT DO THEY WANT? Does anybody know?

Archived