Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To Hail With You All!

LoyalSkinsFan

Oh, PeterMP, it seems to me you've missed the point again. Frankly, from what I've just read of your post, you seem EXACTLY the type of Redskin fan I would like to see more of. You obviously appreciate the opportunity you were able to take....and you take the state of the team very seriously. I'm not trying to diminish your loyalty because you question the direction of the team this season. Those I have a problem with, in particular, are the bandwagon, knee-jerk fans who'd just as soon mindlessly bash the owner on down to the coaches on down to the players on down to the trainers on down to the poor secretaries at Redskin Park than have an intellectual, rational discussion about what the teams' real issues may be. Calling for a ban on wearing or buying Redskin gear, wearing bags over their heads at games, cutting EVERY SINGLE PLAYER AND COACH AND STARTING OVER? These are the types of solutions I've been reading this week...and they are not reasonable and were obviously not written by what I consider to be honorable, legitimate Redskin fans.

HTTR

Loyal,

I am that fan. I will never wear a bag or make knee jerk reactions. As a frustrated season ticket holder, sometimes you just want to hear someone within the organization say from their mouth, "it is going to be okay, we have a plan." It scares me as a fan to see how secretive things are. I will sit there and spend the money every week from here on out, but it doesnt mean I cant be frustrated to no end. I love this team and always will no matter what, but I am sick of the free agency approach that isnt working and I'm sick of letting key players leave and I'm sick of abandoning the draft. I know you arent criticizing that, but so many people do on here. I've been called all kinds of things after talking about how frustrated I am with those three issues. I'll be there Sunday rooting for an eye opening performance from the offense under Campbell and a miracle comeback game for the defense, but these issues will continue to bother me until someone changes our approach or we consistently win with the free agency/no draft route.

Over here at premiership grounds, they're un-affectionately known as the "prawn sandwich brigade".....!!

Anyways back to the original fantastic post - love it!! I've been a skins fan for 25 years and I've always believed they will win every game they play - we could be 0 & 15 with Shuler heaving bombs to Howard and I'd still be back for more.... you know why.... because they're MY TEAM, and nothing makes me feel more alive or passionate than MY TEAM!!

What seperates true supporters from the casual fan....going through the dark days - only then do you truly appreciate the good times.

So let them ***** - who cares.....we are redskins fans, true and proud.....and we shall never stop!!!

Have your self a very happy thanksgiving.....or as we will say in England - enjoy Thursday!

Very true my fellow Brit Skins fan.

Happy thanks giving everyone for Thursday

:yikes::anon:-----:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

:stop:

Think.............:idea:

Need to get:excited: :wavetowel for our team..............Or the rest of us will :whippin:

for your are talking about the Redskins:kungfu:.

Sometimes you just have to show them with pictures they understand. :nono: :anon: - understand?

Thank you:doh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Loyal,

I am that fan. I will never wear a bag or make knee jerk reactions. As a frustrated season ticket holder, sometimes you just want to hear someone within the organization say from their mouth, "it is going to be okay, we have a plan." It scares me as a fan to see how secretive things are. I will sit there and spend the money every week from here on out, but it doesnt mean I cant be frustrated to no end. I love this team and always will no matter what, but I am sick of the free agency approach that isnt working and I'm sick of letting key players leave and I'm sick of abandoning the draft. I know you arent criticizing that, but so many people do on here. I've been called all kinds of things after talking about how frustrated I am with those three issues. I'll be there Sunday rooting for an eye opening performance from the offense under Campbell and a miracle comeback game for the defense, but these issues will continue to bother me until someone changes our approach or we consistently win with the free agency/no draft route.

Brother, I'm with you. As I said, and as you seem to get, I have no problem with the questioning of the policies nor do I have a problem with wanted to hear what's going on in an effort to fix the misguided ones. No doubt, it's been a road these last twelve years or so...but it's going to come around. And, I personally believe that Joe Gibbs is the one to bring us there. I don't like the innocuous Monday press conferences...I wish they'd let us just a little further in to their plans...the plans that to this point haven't seemed to be much different from the plans the previous week....other than the Jason Campbell thing, that is.

But, on the other hand, I don't think risking tipping our hands would be the answer either. We as fans, probably shouldn't have too much info...look what we're doing with what we get now. There's far too many coaches and GM's on this site already. Hell, George Allen used to go to some great lengths to ensure gameplan secrecy...he used to have guards on hand at Redskin Park to keep all those Dallas Cowboy spys away, remember? Part of the fun, too, is to see the difference on Sunday. To see the modifications to the system and, hopefully, some improvement on the field.

Let's just have faith, see what we can come up with, have some intellegent discussions and then scream like hell on Sunday.

Thanks to you for hanging in there.....keep the faith, still.

And, to those across the pond, have a great day on Thursday nonetheless. I'll think of you next year on the Queen's 81st birthday, or as we call it over here.....Saturday. Although, "officially", it's on a Sunday....take your pick. ;)

Brother, I'm with you. As I said, and as you seem to get, I have no problem with the questioning of the policies nor do I have a problem with wanted to hear what's going on in an effort to fix the misguided ones. No doubt, it's been a road these last twelve years or so...but it's going to come around. And, I personally believe that Joe Gibbs is the one to bring us there. I don't like the innocuous Monday press conferences...I wish they'd let us just a little further in to their plans...the plans that to this point haven't seemed to be much different from the plans the previous week....other than the Jason Campbell thing, that is.

But, on the other hand, I don't think risking tipping our hands would be the answer either. We as fans, probably shouldn't have too much info...look what we're doing with what we get now. There's far too many coaches and GM's on this site already. Hell, George Allen used to go to some great lengths to ensure gameplan secrecy...he used to have guards on hand at Redskin Park to keep all those Dallas Cowboy spys away, remember? Part of the fun, too, is to see the difference on Sunday. To see the modifications to the system and, hopefully, some improvement on the field.

Let's just have faith, see what we can come up with, have some intellegent discussions and then scream like hell on Sunday.

Thanks to you for hanging in there.....keep the faith, still.

And, to those across the pond, have a great day on Thursday nonetheless. I'll think of you next year on the Queen's 81st birthday, or as we call it over here.....Saturday. Although, "officially", it's on a Sunday....take your pick. ;)

I hear you man and respect everything you have said. You enjoy your holidays as well. I agree with you about not wanting the organization to tip their hand, I just want someone to come out and endorse the future and say, "Hey guys we understand we arent where we need to be but we definetly have a plan to get there." It's kinda like theyre acting like the CIA and all we want is some confidence.

Don't be talking about my Queen now.....ya hear! :D

Have a happy holidays - and most importantly a skins win on sunday - now that would cure alot of ills......

Impressive post. I too feel the same way. Of course instead of wondering what our playoff seed will be or if we get home field or a wild card or whatever, I will be cheering for a playoff spoiler in the Washington Redskins. As much fun as last years playoff run was, watching the Redskins throw a monkey wrench in other teams plans will provide the same fun.

It's already begun. We beat Dallass and now they are 1-3 in the NFC East. We still got the Giants at our house. Carolina this Sunday. Neither team is a playoff lock. Of course should we be lucky enough to rattle of 6 in a row then we become a bit of a monkey wrench. That is always fun. Watching the last game at 8-7. Knowing if we win and watch others lose we can clinch a wild card.

Go Skins!!!!!

HTTRJC!!!!!

I agree with all of you. There is nothing that could stop me from loving the Skins. I've been around since Mr. Gibbs took over. What was our record that first year. 3-13? JG got it turned around once and I have faith that he will do it again. I live in upstate New York, and to read all the fans ****in that they have season tickets and the Skins are losing. BOO HOO. I would love to have season tickets, even if I would only make it to a couple of games. I had to bye tickets off e-bay last year to see them play a home game. What a game, Seahawks OT WOW!!!! I will always watch them play and cheer them on. Winning or losing, I'll have there backs. I have seen the bandwagon jumpers up here in Buffalo. I've been a die hard fan for 25 years and will be for another 25 years.GO SKINS, GO GIBBS, GO JASON. Can't wait to see him play.

Hail to the Redskins.:gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck

I've been a Redskins fan since I was 9 or 10y/o...I remember well those SB wins w/Gibbs I...what a time to be a Skins fan!..It was like heaven on earth! That was a great post and your love for this team shows in every word. I agree w/most of what you've said.

I would never abandon this team...been through worst times than this...As a Skins fan you have to have patience and wait...Its hard to wait out those "dry spells"...We live in such a "i want it now" society...that I'm surprised any young people are fans at all. They don't know what its like to bask in the glow of the SB ring!...I'm hoping they will get that opportunity soon.

I do get angry sometimes w/what I see on the field...frustration...anger...unbelief (i.e. "I can't believe we just signed Deion":doh: )these are all the things Skins fans are made of or should be in order to remain fans. I don't "judge" others Skins fans loyalties b/c they are upset, frustrated or lack faith. I've been there at times..and I love this team..so I know if I can have those feelings others can also.

Your post was great! You said what needed to be said. Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Happy turkey day to all of you. I'm glad I found this little slice of heaven.

HTTR!:point2sky

I believe in the future, I don't believe in booing, and bags over your heads just means your too ugly to be looked at while getting laid :yikes:... or your gay. With that said, we still suck and suck badly. I'm not going to sugar-coat this great debacle of a season so far.

HTTR

Nice post, fan? Yes, fan? Where do we get the fans who can't help but say "We Suck" I don't get it. Just leave if you can't stand it. We don't need fans who only have the hate bug.

To be honest, we all anticipated way too much from a team who really has been in turmoil for the past 15 years. Making the playoffs last season was a purely very good luck. We were lucky the NFC was generally a poor confrence. Our defense kept us in the playoff picture.

I think Gibbs has done a great deal with what he had been handed. We really had no franchise quarterback, we had gone through 4 coaches in less than 10 years, and basically had no stability anywhere on this team.

I think in the next year or two, this team will be on top again, and hopefully a system will be in place to keep us there. We are rebuilding whether you like to hear it or not. I feel JC will be on top of his game starting next season, with a half season of starts under his belt.

So, relax, and enjoy the fact that this team will soon again be a dominant force in the NFL east confrence. We will be the team that people will not want on their schedule. So, let's get behind this team, and support them the way that we should.

Archived