Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Insider Questions Gibbs Decision

GARY_CLARK84

"According to Wash Post: A member of the Redskins organization is second-guessing Joe Gibbs' decision to play Clinton Portis in Week 1.

Many observers believe Washington rushed Portis back because of the pressure to win this year. Portis then missed Week 2, and struggled to get into the flow of the season. The bigger question here is: What member of the Redskins would snipe at Gibbs in the Washington Post?"

There could be some BIG trouble brewing in D.C........

The Hot Dog vender does not count as someone in the Redskin organization...

But to the comment what the INSIDER said, we probably did rush Clinton to fast, but hindsight always makes you a genius. We all know that Clinton was probably in Gibbs ear telling him that he can play, play me, cmon coach, etc.

Rushing Clinton back though is not why we are what we are.

Who cares?

The decision was questionable at best (as many of us didn't want him to play either). However, we'd still have lost CP last week anyway!

Also, I hope that it's Vinny questioning the decision and he is fired soon...or demoted for another GM.

Basically, the BIGGEST problem to me is that Gibbs doesn't seem as confident in his decisions...he flip-flops a lot by allowing players and others to have more say than he should.

"According to Wash Post: A member of the Redskins organization is second-guessing Joe Gibbs' decision to play Clinton Portis in Week 1.

Many observers believe Washington rushed Portis back because of the pressure to win this year. Portis then missed Week 2, and struggled to get into the flow of the season. The bigger question here is: What member of the Redskins would snipe at Gibbs in the Washington Post?"

There could be some BIG trouble brewing in D.C........

Do you have a link to that article so we can all read it?

Gibbs specifically noted that he left the decision purely in Portis' hands on when he was ready to come back, and said that he didn't want him to push himself back until he (Portis) felt he was totally ready. Many people felt at that point we were babying Portis... now they are saying he rushed him back? WTF ?!??!

Gibbs specifically noted that he left the decision purely in Portis' hands on when he was ready to come back, and said that he didn't want him to push himself back until he (Portis) felt he was totally ready. Many people felt at that point we were babying Portis... now they are saying he rushed him back? WTF ?!??!

Do you think he put the decision in the players hand after the way that LaVar was so verbal in how he was treated with his injury.

I just dont like all this freedom that we give Clinton, but like Jimmy Jones says, you treat you star players different then your others...

Do you think he put the decision in the players hand after the way that LaVar was so verbal in how he was treated with his injury.

I just dont like all this freedom that we give Clinton, but like Jimmy Jones says, you treat you star players different then your others...

At this point, with the apparent witchhunt after gibbs, it seems damned if he does... damned if he doesn't.

At this point, with the apparent witchhunt after gibbs, it seems damned if he does... damned if he doesn't.

I dont think that is fair. No one to my knowledge critized Gibbs after the LaVar situation. I think everyone agreed outside of the Brunell family that Campbell should start.

Unforationatly as a Head Coach and GM, all moves by players, Front office, owner, mascott comes back to him, but then again, thats part of the job and the 5 mill a year contract that he signed. I think that most of the flack that he has gotten about bring in certain players are justified, since he is GM, but its hard to find, except for some extreme comments that is unwarrented.

Archived