Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does this team even care?

authentic

Your right man, I think us posters on E.S. could perform better than them :doh:. Which may not be that far fetched with the way they are playing...along with some of us having some football experience :laugh:.

In my younger days when I did play football in high school and college. I would tackle you if you came my way you would get smacked that is for sure:laugh: . I know I could do better than some of these guys. Maybe, I should go out there and say coach put me in .. I'm still in pretty good shape:D .

Can you imagine a 44 year old man showing off a bunch of guys that is much younger than I am? :laugh:

Based on the body language of this team (well really the defense) give you any indication that they actually care about these games. I'm sure they may want to win, come on who really wants to lose? But they just look like, hey i'm getting paid anyway, type mentality. We hear so much about "we had a good week of practice" and "we know what we have to do, we just have to go out and do it" JUNK!! Yet when the game starts, all a sudden, they can't tackle, they constantly get penalties, they give up on plays. I mean come on man!! Isn't this the same group of guys we had from last year. What in the hell is going on?!?! Its a shame when the fans care more about wins and losses then the actual players, and IMO this is definately the case.

I don't think they do! Which is a total shame. Makes me sick to see them on the sidelines laughing and joking and not really caring that they are sucking so bad! I guess at the end of the day when they get their checks everything is fine and dandy!

I honestly think that Gregg Williams just lost his effect on the players.. ive played for a couple coaches that have the same style of dealing with the players. At first you take the insults and use them to prove him wrong...and then eventually he just keeps digging into you and you lose confidence and you dont want to play for that type of coach anymore. I think that is exactly what the problem is, the players certainly look like they just dont want to play for him anymore.

I wouldnt be completely pissed if GW is replaced, whoever comes in cant do much worse

Yikes, you're obviously an AA fan. I don't know that anyone would even consider insight from you.

I honestly think that Gregg Williams just lost his effect on the players.. ive played for a couple coaches that have the same style of dealing with the players. At first you take the insults and use them to prove him wrong...and then eventually he just keeps digging into you and you lose confidence and you dont want to play for that type of coach anymore. I think that is exactly what the problem is, the players certainly look like they just dont want to play for him anymore.

I wouldnt be completely pissed if GW is replaced, whoever comes in cant do much worse

This kinda makes me envy the Ravens. They always seem to find gem after gem after gem, in the draft. They rarely go into free agency, especially on defense......all home-grown talent!!
This team needs a real GM who is interested in building a team rather than trying to gather a bunch of free agents with no drive. We should start in the draft next year by drafting a young stud, DT or DE to build our defense around.

This is the essence of our woes. Not drafting players. You throw a rag-tag bunch of free agents together, pay them upfront, and expect them to have the same burning desire to prove themselves in the NFL like a rookie would. It's just not going to happen.

Young players fight harder, hence our evident lack of desire. I have no excuse for Carlos Rogers except a sophmore slump or GW's poor play calling. GW prides himself on scouting all of the players strengths and weaknesses, yet week after week we see CR get burnt 1 on 1. Or we send 8 blitzers on third and long knowing good and well, as in every game, NOBODY will get there. It's beyond comprehension.

Archived