Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

deer hunting season!!

stoshuaj

I agree the deer population needs to be controlled. Here in NVA it is sad. There is so much development these creatures have no where to go. I have a family of 6 living in a little spot of trees separating houses. I just hate when people do not shoot to kill and leave an animal in pain and suffering behind. Or they shoot to kill but leave the dead animal behind because it is just a game to them. To me that is sick! I believe there is a humane way to do everything and I hope y’all will do that.

Oh look at the deer.

Such a majestic animal.

Such a beautiful creature.

One of God's creatures.

It's so pretty.

Let's shoot it.

Let's send an arrow or a metal projectile at high speeds into it's body.

Let's break it's collarbone and shatter it into the heart.

The ultimate kill shot.

Yes I hate hunting too.

Oh wow look at the pretty deer, oh look it's right near the hiways, oh look it just darted out in front of that mini van, and now look, the mini van is destroyed and family inside is lucky to be alive.

If you hunt, you can't leave the body behind, at least in Pa you can't. And a lot of the soup kitchens in Northern Pa and I'm sure Philly use deer meat.

And for the record, do some reseach on the 1st Thanksgiving dinner, the main course was......

VENISON! :rolleyes:

This is always a touchy subject and I don't feel like getting into it. All I'm going to say, is good luck to the other hunters on this site. I haven't tagged one this year yet but I haven't been in the woods much.

Blackpowder is my favorite part of the season. I have a bow, rifles, etc... but they are not as fun to me personally. There's nothing like waiting for the smoke to clear after your shot and seeing your reward.

**If you hunt, you can't leave the body behind, at least in Pa you can't. **

I think that's standard issue all over but I know people "cape" (take the choice cuts and leave the rest behind) deer sometimes which I think (and have told my son) is BS as well.

**And a lot of the soup kitchens in Northern Pa and I'm sure Philly use deer meat.**

that's the mission of Hunters for the Hungry

Unfortunately I missed out in the New Hampshire Moose permit lottery again this year, and my schedule isn't going to allow me to get up there with my uncle for deer season. Massachusetts only allows for bow, blackpowder and shotgun for deer, no rifle season here; so I don't bother. I've got a couple friends who I'm sure I'll get some venison and maybe some moose steaks from before the season is over. Damn that's good eating.

I don't hunt what I don't eat, and the hides/horns go to people who will use them for different things. Additionally, once the bullet leaves the rifle, I own it from there to eternity. If that means 6 hours trailing a bleeding deer because I didn't get it right the first time, so be it.

Good luck to you deer hunters! My quail hunt was spectacular. I saw back country that is not accessible to the public. It's amazing how a lack of cows and grazing produce a very different landscape. Went after 8 covey's (of course we found the best spot right at the end of the day) and bagged 4 birds. Enough for my dinner! Delicious, splayed and grilled with a maple/mustard glaze. mmmmm But the experience of being in unspoiled country and just driving back roads all day is every bit as good as taking something home.

As for the anti-hunters? To each his own, as long as you don't expect me to bow to your will on it, you can think however you want.

Archived