Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Club Seat Renewal Deals? What is the best you can get?

fight4olddc

My club seats come up for renewal in 2008.

I got soemthing from the Skins ticket office saying Two Minute Warning.

If I renew by Dec 15th for '08 and beyond, I get

1) 10% off 2008 clubs seats

2) 1 Free Playoff Game

3) Free padded seats

4) 3 year escalator of 6%, 7 year escalator of 4% and 10 year escalator of 3%

5) Free Sonny Jurgensen poster

Is this the best deal? Or has someone done better - especially in light of the fact that these seats have been a tougher sell with poor play and $250 to $450 face values.

Please advise.

1 Free Playoff Game

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I almost liken our love for the Redskins to the 1970s show "Alice" where she worked at Mel's Diner. All the customers kept complaining about the food, yet they kept coming back. Napolean keeps jacking up prices, yet we continue to pay for tickets, parking and lots and lots of merchandise.

Great analogy Stwasm. :)

I bought a 7 year contract for club seats the second year the team was in "The Big Jack" as it was known then. I enjoyed the tix in spite of my being there during the "Norvous" years as well as the fact that they were horribly overpriced. When I moved to ATL, I tried selling them at a cost that would cover what I paid for them. I was lucky to only lose about $1k or so each year.

In addition to the fact that I was paying almost $4k a year for two seats, I was jolted when I saw that the price almost doubled at renewal time and, even worse, had a built in annual price increase for the life of the contract. I literally could not stop myself from laughing for at least 10 minutes. Mind you, it wasn't entirely laughter due to the hilarity of them wanting that kind of $$$ for tix to see an underperforming team in an average stadium, it was mostly bitterly cynical laughter at what the NFL experience that I have loved since I was a teenager has become....you know the wine and cheeser's thing. :rolleyes:

In any event, here's my take. The whole purpose of having a contract (at least when I bought mine) was that you're paying a bit more up front to insulate yourself from price increases. With the built in price increases, the primary reason for signing a contract is now magically **POOF** gone.

Additionally, there are a wealth of seats in that stadium with Snyder allegedly planning to build even more. So, we went from a shortage of seats at RFK to a slight surplus in Fedex to probably having a glut down the road. Given the law of supply and demand, your best bet from a financial standpoint is to let other suckers lock themselves into the contract and annually purchase tix from someone desperate to get part of their money back every year.

Remember, once you're in that contract, the club will NOT let you out for pretty much any reason.

Great analogy Stwasm. :)

I bought a 7 year contract for club seats the second year the team was in "The Big Jack" as it was known then. I enjoyed the tix in spite of my being there during the "Norvous" years as well as the fact that they were horribly overpriced. When I moved to ATL, I tried selling them at a cost that would cover what I paid for them. I was lucky to only lose about $1k or so each year.

In addition to the fact that I was paying almost $4k a year for two seats, I was jolted when I saw that the price almost doubled at renewal time and, even worse, had a built in annual price increase for the life of the contract. I literally could not stop myself from laughing for at least 10 minutes. Mind you, it wasn't entirely laughter due to the hilarity of them wanting that kind of $$$ for tix to see an underperforming team in an average stadium, it was mostly bitterly cynical laughter at what the NFL experience that I have loved since I was a teenager has become....you know the wine and cheeser's thing. :rolleyes:

In any event, here's my take. The whole purpose of having a contract (at least when I bought mine) was that you're paying a bit more up front to insulate yourself from price increases. With the built in price increases, the primary reason for signing a contract is now magically **POOF** gone.

Additionally, there are a wealth of seats in that stadium with Snyder allegedly planning to build even more. So, we went from a shortage of seats at RFK to a slight surplus in Fedex to probably having a glut down the road. Given the law of supply and demand, your best bet from a financial standpoint is to let other suckers lock themselves into the contract and annually purchase tix from someone desperate to get part of their money back every year.

Remember, once you're in that contract, the club will NOT let you out for pretty much any reason.

I was a club seat-holder before I turned my rights over to someone else. I paid $1,000 to help them with the initial downpayment and, by a stroke of luck, that's when the Tailgate Club started. While I use much more of it than I ever did the Club Level "bling-bling" itself, even the Tailgate Club is starting to get pricey. Depending on what the Redskins do with Campbell, this could be my last year as a season-ticket holder.

Out of my loyalty to the team I won't comment on the free playoff game.

It looks like the strongest selling point of the offer is the Jurgy poster. :( I'd like to see what that looks like.

Well, let's look at it...

1) 10% off 2008 clubs seats

2) 1 Free Playoff Game

3) Free padded seats

4) 3 year escalator of 6%, 7 year escalator of 4% and 10 year escalator of 3%

5) Free Sonny Jurgensen poster

Item 1. The 10% off is most likely 10% off the new price which is most likely anywhere from 30%-50% more than the old price. Yeah, that's a deal. :rolleyes:

Item 2. Who knows when or if we'll be be back in the playoffs...during the life of his contract anyway. Of course, the shorter the contract the less likely this may be but, who knows. This one is just a gamble that depends on what you thing the odds are of the team making the "paloffs" at least once during the life of your contract. :whoknows:

Item 3. This one is easy. You can probably buy your own pad for $15 or so.

Item 4. They've got you dead to rights on this one. Shorter term contract, they're guarranteed to make more dough off you each year. Longer term contract, they don't have to find another sucker to replace you with quite as soon.

Item 5. Well, looks like C. Taylor was right :)

Archived