Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are the Chiefs making the right decision?

Jethrodsp

Are the Chiefs making the right decision going back to Trent Green?

I dont understand the whole "you dont lose your job to injury" logic, esp if your team is in a legitimate playoff race and the current QB is playing well.

I am worried for Trent mental state on the field and I think KC should start Huard for the rest of the season and then take the situation as it plays out into the offseason. Huard has really surprised me, I think he has 11 TDs vs 1 INT since he came in. How can you sit that?

Green is a pro-bowl QB no doubt, but you have to wonder if he is really ready mentally to step back into the lion's den.

Also, he is not Herm's QB, he was Vermeil's.

I wish the Skins had kept him. He was a practice squad QB here for like 4 or 5 years at the beginning of his career and when he finally got his chance after Gannon got hurt he lit it up. He was subsequently let go in the offseason in another installment of Redskins musical QBs.

Check out this list of guys that we had under center in the 1990s:

Gannon

Green

Johnson

Any one of them could have paid big dividends for our team.

Huard has played well for the Chiefs. They evidently have decided he has only been efficient and Trent can bring more to the table.

Prior to hearing Trent was going to start, I anticipated Huard to stick. He has proven himself, Herm brought him in and he is younger and cheaper. Plus they have a kid in third round pick Croyle they like carrying a clip board. I figured Trent would be out of a job.

From a health standpoint, Trent has sat for quite some time. I'm sure they wouldn't bring him in unless all felt comfortable with the move. I hate it every time I hear that a player endured a concussion and then will play the following week. This is especially true for players with concussion history. It just doesn't seem to be long enough.

The Redskin ownership issue came up at a horrible time and unfortunately cost us Trent. To think of how the past decade would have been altered by Trent being a franchise QB:doh: . All the thrown away draft picks, bum FA's, expensive FA, Spurrior never leaving Florida etc...

I dont know if it is the right move or not, but the way the move was made worries me. The Pres/GM made the move for Green to be the starter, not the coach. I believe the head coach makes that call. the Head coach should always make the call on who starts week to week....

Great point, but why does this somehow not surprise me with Herm being involved?:whoknows:

wasn't it herm who announced the change at qb? he was the one who said that trent green is the starter and huard is the backup

nope not till after the pres/GM announced it. Herm was noncommital to it, then the decision was made...but look even IF Herm wanted it this way, it is his move and his call, the GM should just let him "run the team" his own way!

Huard had a TERRIBLE game last week. If he would have continued playing well he would have remained the starter

from pft.com....

HUARD WAS "PLAYING SCARED" AGAINST THE FINS

A league source tells us that the Chiefs decided to make the change from quarterback Damon Huard back to Trent Green due in part to the fact that Huard was "playing scared" against the Miami Dolphins.

Per the source, several Miami defenders perceived that Huard was tentative against a physical front seven, and they concluded that it negatively affected his performance.

A career backup, Huard started only six games in nine years before starting eight straight games in 2006.

Hey, no one who plays in the NFL is a coward (except for the members of the Gramatica family tree). But it would be naïve to believe that some players aren't thinking (consciously or otherwise) about avoiding a hit. ESPN broke down video a couple of weeks ago of Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer instinctively lifting his left leg prematurely in order to avoid exposing his new ACL to injury. And Carson is no chicken.

These guys, after all, are human. (Most of them, anyway.) And human beings generally don't like to get the crap beat out of them. Some of us are less inclined than others to take a pounding, and Huard's lack of live reps over the years might have caused him to land in that category.

This may sound like an contradiction even though I feel a starting QB should not lose his job dued to an injury. No, I do not feel this is the right decision Huard was playing well up to this point he had a couple bad games last week and one against the Steelers .

For the most part though he has played well.. I think putting Green back in there is going to mess up the chemistry of the team that Huard has already established with them .

For the most part though he has played well.. I think putting Green back in there is going to mess up the chemistry of the team that Huard has already established with them .

But green has lead that team for a number of years. I dont think it will be difficult for the team to readjust to his style. But i see your point, with new coaching staff and all...

But green has lead that team for a number of years. I dont think it will be difficult for the team to readjust to his style. But i see your point, with new coaching staff and all...

Yes, exactly is what I meant thanks for adding that part about new coaches !.

Archived