Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I've Had My Fill Of.......

RedzoneHunter

I saw 146 yards rushing. More than enough to keep a defense honest and open up a passing game that went for....132 yards!!

I forgot...Mark Brunell is AWESOME

Good grief. Am I typing a foreign language? Brunell needs to be benched. Nobody disputes it. But this just in: THE DEFENSE SUCKED YET AGAIN.

I read that part. Im talking about how in everyone of your repetative threads you spend 10 minutes babbling on about how bad Brunell is. We al already know that. He needs to be benched. And then you throw in 1 line about the defense. This may be the worst defense we've had since the Norv years. You might want to spend some time on them. Or the offensive line that many of your "future is now" buddies on here that seem to think they will suddenly turn into the hogs when a rookie comes into the game. Lots of horrible play to discuss. Just stop focusing it all on one player.

What's to say about the defense? Maybe you should check around here at draft time, when for the past 3 years(since I found this place) and the preceding 12 years before that(with fellow fans here locally), I've begged and pleaded for this franchise to spend a pick in the first 2 rounds of the draft on the defensive line. We have not had a set of pass rushing DE's since Mann and Manley left, yet every year we ignore the Dline in the draft.

We draft LB's who never see the field(McCune and McIntosh). Instead, we take a former college safety(Marshall) and try to make an MLB out of him when we had a homegrown MLB to begin with(Pierce) Or we blow a top pick on a WR or a safety instead of addressing weaknesses. Better yet, we depend on UDFA in hopes of finding defensive starters to cover our front office's collective butts. Those UDFA's pan out once in awhile, not all the time!!

Our defense has finally broken after having to carry the offense for 2 years straight.

Let me know the FIRST time Brunell ever carries his own weight.

Good grief. Am I typing a foreign language? Brunell needs to be benched. Nobody disputes it. But this just in: THE DEFENSE SUCKED YET AGAIN.

The defense wasn't that bad today... 20 points on the road is bad???

I'll admit the defense has been mediocre at best this year, but they were banged up for a long time... What excuse can we make for the offense? and don't blame it on the O-Line because this is the NFL, and QB's get hurried quite often... So while the D has been bad for the most part, give them some credit today...

What's to say about the defense? Maybe you should check around here at draft time, when for the past 3 years(since I found this place) and the preceding 12 years before that(with fellow fans here locally), I've begged and pleaded for this franchise to spend a pick in the first 2 rounds of the draft on the defensive line. We have not had a set of pass rushing DE's since Mann and Manley left, yet every year we ignore the Dline in the draft.

We draft LB's who never see the field(McCune and McIntosh). Instead, we take a former college safety(Marshall) and try to make an MLB out of him when we had a homegrown MLB to begin with(Pierce) Or we blow a top pick on a WR or a safety instead of addressing weaknesses. Better yet, we depend on UDFA in hopes of finding defensive starters to cover our front office's collective butts. Those UDFA's pan out once in awhile, not all the time!!

Our defense has finally broken after having to carry the offense for 2 years straight.

Brunell had his moments last year. This year he has sucked I agree. But see how we always wind up talking about Brunell.

The defense wasn't that bad today... 20 points on the road is bad???

I'll admit the defense has been mediocre at best this year, but they were banged up for a long time... What excuse can we make for the offense? and don't blame it on the O-Line because this is the NFL, and QB's get hurried quite often... So while the D has been bad for the most part, give them some credit today...

They gave up 2 huge bombs again. No turnoveres yet again. I think we are ranked 30th. Thats not mediocre thats dreadfull.

Bingo... :applause: People forget we were in the playoffs last year and won one game because of our defense. Because of injuries and stupid moves by management our D isn't what it once was. You would think with all of the offensive talent we have on paper this team would average like 25 points per game and carry our D. Oh I forgot, Brunell "manages" games, he doesn't try to win them.

Brunell had his moments last year. This year he has sucked I agree. But see how we always wind up talking about Brunell.

True....but this is supposed to be a team. Sometimes, you need the offense to pick the defense up and vice versa.

Look at the Steelers today. At one time in the game, their defense had been on the field for a long time. When they finally get off the field, what is heard?? Let's get a drive going. Run the ball, pass here and there, move the chains. Eat clock at the same time to give the D a rest.

What does our O do?? 3 and out. Get back out there guys, 3 and out is the best we can do.

Even last season, there were alot of folks here who were worried about the D because the offense never seemed to stay on the field long enough to give the D a rest. And that was with the D being ranked in the top ten.

I think the front office bought into Gregg Williams' bravado: "I can plug anyone in this defense and make it work".

Well, between that and the habit of always expecting our D to bail the offense out, the D's been worn out and broken..........

Bingo... :applause: People forget we were in the playoffs last year and won one game because of our defense. Because of injuries and stupid moves by management our D isn't what it once was. You would think with all of the offensive talent we have on paper this team would average like 25 points per game and carry our D. Oh I forgot, Brunell "manages" games, he doesn't try to win them.

Like alot of people say on here the past buys you nothing, who cares what they did last year. They a horrid this year.

They gave up 2 huge bombs again. No turnoveres yet again. I think we are ranked 30th. Thats not mediocre thats dreadfull.

We still only gave up 20 points today. We had like 5 possessions in Philly territory in the first two quarters. We had excellent field position... whose fault is it we didn't score?? I understand we're ranked 30th, but we only gave up 20 points on the road to the #1 ranked offense... Come on man, you're reaching for something that ain't there... today's loss was not on the defense.

True....but this is supposed to be a team. Sometimes, you need the offense to pick the defense up and vice versa.

Look at the Steelers today. At one time in the game, their defense had been on the field for a long time. When they finally get off the field, what is heard?? Let's get a drive going. Run the ball, pass here and there, move the chains. Eat clock at the same time to give the D a rest.

What does our O do?? 3 and out. Get back out there guys, 3 and out is the best we can do.

Even last season, there were alot of folks here who were worried about the D because the offense never seemed to stay on the field long enough to give the D a rest. And that was with the D being ranked in the top ten.

I think the front office bought into Gregg Williams' bravado: "I can plug anyone in this defense and make it work".

Well, between that and the habit of always expecting our D to bail the offense out, the D's been worn out and broken..........

Well we do agree on your last statement. Williams got ro sure of himself and it cost us a couple of pretty good players. As far as the d being worn out, they have beed terrible from game 1. Not real sure what they are worn aout from.

We still only gave up 20 points today. We had like 5 possessions in Philly territory in the first two quarters. We had excellent field position... whose fault is it we didn't score?? I understand we're ranked 30th, but we only gave up 20 points on the road to the #1 ranked offense... Come on man, you're reaching for something that ain't there... today's loss was not on the defense.

Im not blaming it all on the defense. The offense is a total mess right now from the o line to the qb the our broke running back. Again when is the defense going to force some turnovers?

It's time for Gibbs the dinosaur to be extinct. Then take his over rated over paid coaches with him. While I'm thinking of it get rid of the T.O. of the Redskins,Santana Moss. I'm so tired of bad attitude pro football players. Rutgers can play better than this group. Let's swap teams and rename them Rutgerskins. Forgive me for being so blunt but this season makes me a little crazy.

Who said I was supporting Brunell? Hes got to go. No argueing that. But you Brunell is the whole problem crowd need to wake up. This defense sucks and I havent heard you say one thing about replacing them. Like it or not defense wins titles and I have years and years of great defenses winning the big one to carry plenty of weight for that arguement. Look it up pal its a fact.

With the way Brunell is playing we would need the ALL-Madden Defense right NOW. Please stop arguing about the D when its unrealistic for them to have to shut out the other team every other game.

Not real sure what they are worn aout from.

Take a look at Griffin and Big Joe. Worn out and only got back on the field two weeks ago.

Sean Springs is finished as a true #1 corner. Marcus Washington, along with the above mentioned, have to sit out at least two practices each week,mostly practice on Friday.

That's the core of the defense and they're worn out.

It's time for Gibbs the dinosaur to be extinct. Then take his over rated over paid coaches with him. While I'm thinking of it get rid of the T.O. of the Redskins,Santana Moss. I'm so tired of bad attitude pro football players. Rutgers can play better than this group. Let's swap teams and rename them Rutgerskins. Forgive me for being so blunt but this season makes me a little crazy.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!? MOSS the Redskin T.O.?! What the hell is wrong with you?! His character and play both smoke T.O.'s. Do you NOT see that Brunnel can't throw the ball to any receiver?! He's the problem...not Moss.

Take a look at Griffin and Big Joe. Worn out and only got back on the field two weeks ago.

Sean Springs is finished as a true #1 corner. Marcus Washington, along with the above mentioned, have to sit out at least two practices each week,mostly practice on Friday.

That's the core of the defense and they're worn out.

So you mean injured.? I can agree with that. Then they need to go sit down and let us see what we have behind them ya know for the "future".

With the way Brunell is playing we would need the ALL-Madden Defense right NOW. Please stop arguing about the D when its unrealistic for them to have to shut out the other team every other game.

A shut out? LMAO. Ya good luck with that. How about causing a turnover every once in a while. Or how about you tackle the qb when he still has the ball. Whats that called? A sack?

Im not blaming it all on the defense. The offense is a total mess right now from the o line to the qb the our broke running back. Again when is the defense going to force some turnovers?

Even last year our D didn't cause many turnovers. The point is how many points did we give up?? That's what ultimately counts, the score board. Right now our Defense plays bend but don't break. I'll agree we don't cause turnovers, but scoring 3 points against the Giants, Dallas (first game) and Philly will not win you a ball game. So, no we had no take aways today, but with the field position we had today we should've come away with more than 3 points. No excuse...

So you mean injured.? I can agree with that. Then they need to go sit down and let us see what we have behind them ya know for the "future".

Well, we do have Montgomery and Golston and I agree give them PT. If they have the "goods" then maybe Big Joe and Griffin get their minutes cut thus making them less vulnerable to injury and making good depth along the line.

Still need some pass rushing De's though. And two LB's. Maybe McCune and Rocky get a chance to see if they can cut it?? Who knows??

Even last year our D didn't cause many turnovers. The point is how many points did we give up?? That's what ultimately counts, the score board. Right now our Defense plays bend but don't break. I'll agree we don't cause turnovers, but scoring 3 points against the Giants, Dallas (first game) and Philly will not win you a ball game. So, no we had no take aways today, but with the field position we had today we should've come away with more than 3 points. No excuse...

Not breaking. Look up the stat on how many huge plays they have given up all year. How about 2 huge tds today. Yes the offense isnt helping but stop making excuses for this defense.

Well, we do have Montgomery and Golston and I agree give them PT. If they have the "goods" then maybe Big Joe and Griffin get their minutes cut thus making them less vulnerable to injury and making good depth along the line.

Still need some pass rushing De's though. And two LB's. Maybe McCune and Rocky get a chance to see if they can cut it?? Who knows??

Well then we do agree. Because these guys arent cutting it now.

Archived