Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I've Had My Fill Of.......

RedzoneHunter

Hey, while you guys are arguing over who is worse Brunell or the defense, it looks like we may have other problems as well. Have you ever heard the term, "Too many Chiefs and not enough indians, I mean redskins? We have a head coach/team president, an assistant head coach defense and two more assistant head coaches on the offense, Al Saunders and Joe Bugel before him. All of this makes me wonder if we don't need an assistant head coach special teams also, to balance everything out?

And while we're on the subject of coaches, does anyone really know who is calling the plays on the field anyway? I read where the play calling duties was going to be given to Al Saunders this year, but everytime they show a close-up of Gibbs, he has his head-set on and it appears that he has the plays in his hand.

Maybe the real competition is between the coaches and who can call the better game? Or maybe there's too many chiefs and not enough indians?

Hey, while you guys are arguing over who is worse Brunell or the defense, it looks like we may have other problems as well. Have you ever heard the term, "Too many Chiefs and not enough indians, I mean redskins? We have a head coach/team president, an assistant head coach defense and two more assistant head coaches on the offense, Al Saunders and Joe Bugel before him. All of this makes me wonder if we don't need an assistant head coach special teams also, to balance everything out?

And while we're on the subject of coaches, does anyone really know who is calling the plays on the field anyway? I read where the play calling duties was going to be given to Al Saunders this year, but everytime they show a close-up of Gibbs, he has his head-set on and it appears that he has the plays in his hand.

Maybe the real competition is between the coaches and who can call the better game? Or maybe there's too many chiefs and not enough indians?

Man I agree 100%. Way to mant for that matter. If I were the Danny several of them would have little pink pieces of paper in their offices.

Who said I was supporting Brunell? Hes got to go. No argueing that. But you Brunell is the whole problem crowd need to wake up. This defense sucks and I havent heard you say one thing about replacing them. Like it or not defense wins titles and I have years and years of great defenses winning the big one to carry plenty of weight for that arguement. Look it up pal its a fact.

Go back and read some of my posts. I have been questioning a lot about the defense for some time along with Brunell. I still say Betts is a waste of cap space and TJ might ought to get a look. (Good thing I am out working on the weekends or people might hear my screams statewide)

I think the defense has a lot of problems, starting with two too light Defensive Tackles, two linebackers who don't seem to know what to do and Jerry Gray coaching Carlos Rogers backwards instead of forward. I don't seem to remember him playing so deep on EVERY play last year.

But that is just my take on it. And of course there will be someone to come along and demean my love for the team later.

But the largest problem, first and foremost is Brunell and his lack of confidence. His predisposition to throw to the sidelines and the backs is very famous and most of the teams in the league are taking advantage of his not liking one little bit throwing in the middle of the field. He'll do it, but generally not deep nor very often. How many times can you run a deep out or streak down the sideline without the opposing teams spotting a PATTERN?

Like it or not - Brunell is the heart and soul of the team just like ANY quarterback. His abilities are decreasing and he is dragging the team down with his standard athlete's narcisstic need to not be out of the game for any reason no matter if it drags the team and its fans down to a fiery hades.

Man up, Brunell. You have played past your prime. Theisman had L.T. to make him face up to that fact, a fact he now fully admits to the cameras. You might want to get out while the getting is good and let the younger player in JC come in and start gaining experience now that the pride of both Joe Gibbs and yourself have dragged us to a 1-3 divisional and 3-6 overall start to the season.

The team is now put into a position of winning 7 in a row without its RB star in order to ATTEMPT to make the playoffs.

But I am sure in your super smart brain you are already working your guts out for next week's opponent and all of your teammates are in it together with you. Maybe it is time for someone to stand up and go "hey - 8 out of 20 in the third, being down 2 touchdowns and dumping off passes is really pissing me off Mark". Any leaders on the team want to quit this little kumbaya crap around the campfire and tell Mark that maybe he OUGHT to read what 90% of the sports analysts (many of whom are ex football players) are saying. Maybe he OUGHT to read what the fans are saying. Maybe he ought to get mad enough to perform like he used to 10 years ago. Maybe he just can't do that anymore.

I'll keep watching. I'll keep dying inside when my team gets torched by a team led by a QB who at one point was 4-16, but miraculously was up by 2 touchdowns and the best we can manage with 4 speedy WR, a great TE and a stable of good RBs is 3 friggin points.

Keep defending this yutz. Keep thinking JC can take over after the season. Go ahead. I would feel a lot better if he would start now and get the experience so that we may have a chance to come out of the blocks better next year and not have him be "on a learning curve" coming out of training camp.

I like Brunell as a person. I am tired of Brunell the QB who can't win against most teams who have learned to defense him and his sidelines throwing tendency. Hook him now so JC can start learning. Better part of valor. If we are going to lose a bunch more games, let's do it with the kid who is up and coming.

Not breaking. Look up the stat on how many huge plays they have given up all year. How about 2 huge tds today. Yes the offense isnt helping but stop making excuses for this defense.

I said "right now" our Defense is playing bend but don't break. Who cares about the past. Let's talk about today's game. We gave up 20 points and had excellent field position... If I didn't know any better I would think I was talking to Mark Brunell... So you're telling me we should've shut down the Eagles at home after a bye??? Our defense gives up 20 points, and our offense gives 7, scores 3... Hmmmm must be the defense' fault.

Next topic please... :doh:

Go back and read some of my posts. I have been questioning a lot about the defense for some time along with Brunell. I still say Betts is a waste of cap space and TJ might ought to get a look. (Good thing I am out working on the weekends or people might hear my screams statewide)

I think the defense has a lot of problems, starting with two too light Defensive Tackles, two linebackers who don't seem to know what to do and Jerry Gray coaching Carlos Rogers backwards instead of forward. I don't seem to remember him playing so deep on EVERY play last year.

But that is just my take on it. And of course there will be someone to come along and demean my love for the team later.

But the largest problem, first and foremost is Brunell and his lack of confidence. His predisposition to throw to the sidelines and the backs is very famous and most of the teams in the league are taking advantage of his not liking one little bit throwing in the middle of the field. He'll do it, but generally not deep nor very often. How many times can you run a deep out or streak down the sideline without the opposing teams spotting a PATTERN?

Like it or not - Brunell is the heart and soul of the team just like ANY quarterback. His abilities are decreasing and he is dragging the team down with his standard athlete's narcisstic need to not be out of the game for any reason no matter if it drags the team and its fans down to a fiery hades.

Man up, Brunell. You have played past your prime. Theisman had L.T. to make him face up to that fact, a fact he now fully admits to the cameras. You might want to get out while the getting is good and let the younger player in JC come in and start gaining experience now that the pride of both Joe Gibbs and yourself have dragged us to a 1-3 divisional and 3-6 overall start to the season.

The team is now put into a position of winning 7 in a row without its RB star in order to ATTEMPT to make the playoffs.

But I am sure in your super smart brain you are already working your guts out for next week's opponent and all of your teammates are in it together with you. Maybe it is time for someone to stand up and go "hey - 8 out of 20 in the third, being down 2 touchdowns and dumping off passes is really pissing me off Mark". Any leaders on the team want to quit this little kumbaya crap around the campfire and tell Mark that maybe he OUGHT to read what 90% of the sports analysts (many of whom are ex football players) are saying. Maybe he OUGHT to read what the fans are saying. Maybe he ought to get mad enough to perform like he used to 10 years ago. Maybe he just can't do that anymore.

I'll keep watching. I'll keep dying inside when my team gets torched by a team led by a QB who at one point was 4-16, but miraculously was up by 2 touchdowns and the best we can manage with 4 speedy WR, a great TE and a stable of good RBs is 3 friggin points.

Keep defending this yutz. Keep thinking JC can take over after the season. Go ahead. I would feel a lot better if he would start now and get the experience so that we may have a chance to come out of the blocks better next year and not have him be "on a learning curve" coming out of training camp.

I like Brunell as a person. I am tired of Brunell the QB who can't win against most teams who have learned to defense him and his sidelines throwing tendency. Hook him now so JC can start learning. Better part of valor. If we are going to lose a bunch more games, let's do it with the kid who is up and coming.

Nice post. Im not defending hom though.

I said "right now" our Defense is playing bend but don't break. Who cares about the past. Let's talk about today's game. We gave up 20 points and had excellent field position... If I didn't know any better I would think I was talking to Mark Brunell... So you're telling me we should've shut down the Eagles at home after a bye??? Our defense gives up 20 points, and our offense gives 7, scores 3... Hmmmm must be the defense' fault.

Next topic please... :doh:

Stallworth caught an 84 yard td and totalled 139. Westbrook ran for 113 . Hate to break your little heart but those numbers are ugly.

How can you boo our performance out there today? The defense looks like the 85 bears.

No kidding! And, the way our offense played was incredible. Mark Boonell was making great reads, and threw a ton of bombs .... (NOT!):point2sky

We are competing with Houston for being the worst team in the NFL.

- and, that's one to grow on! -

No kidding! And, the way our offense played was incredible. Mark Boonell was making great reads, and threw a ton of bombs .... (NOT!):point2sky

I think you spelled Marks name wrong. Its Brunell. But ya that 88 yard bomb the Lloyd was awesome.

And that's another thing. Usually the worst teams get the highest draft picks, but this coaching staff keeps shooting themselves in the foot in this area as well. Next year we already have no 1st, 3rd or 4th round picks at all, only 2nd, 5th, 6th and 7th.

Gibbs seems to be trying to relive the past, but those days are long gone now. There was no parity in the league then and no salary cap to deal with. Then the redskins could spend as much as they wanted on plan B free agents and still keep there draft picks too. But things have changed very drasticly since then. Now, all of the good teams are building foundations through the draft, signing young players with lots of potential for modest wages by NFL standards, with contracts lasting four or five years.

The redskins have their heads in the sand in this area as well. Or should I say that they keep getting caught with their hands in the cookie jar? But what's worse yet, they still have no clue that they are screwing up royally.

Archived