Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Pics from the game (With ST facemask)

NattyLight

The facemask was a good call for 15 yard variety. He didn't hold on long, but he turned ST's head and got his fingers inside the mask. One of the best calls of the day. This must have been called by the offical that cleaned his glasses before the end of the game, because they were missing calls all day on both sides of the ball. HTTR

<<<<<<By the way, this was my Riggins post. #44 Woohooo!!!!

His head did turn but the guy immediately let go of the face mask. I mean, I'll take it and everything but, that should've been a 5 yard facemask. It wasn't the personal foul variety.

15 Yards

8. Twisting, turning, or pulling an opponent by the facemask.

Please tell us where it says "Unless the defender immediatly lets go."

What do want next? Refs with stopwatches? :rolleyes:

Hey For anyone complaining about the 15yrd fasemask, I would say it is payback for the non-calls on the Dallas O-line for holding... Oh sorry that was blocking...LOL

I must agree with you on this because the Refs certainly blew a few calls that could have changed the results of the game long before the blocked Fg attempt.

(Obvious tripping on the KO return that slowed Randle El down enough to get stopped...the BS holding call on Fauria when he got bulled over and the pass was completed to B Lloyd)

I really wonder what tha @#$& are they (refs) looking at..they manage to see everything when the call is against Washington. :dallasuck

I must agree with you on this because the Refs certainly blew a few calls that could have changed the results of the game long before the blocked Fg attempt.

(Obvious tripping on the KO return that slowed Randle El down enough to get stopped...the BS holding call on Fauria when he got bulled over and the pass was completed to B Lloyd)

I really wonder what tha @#$& are they (refs) looking at..they manage to see everything when the call is against Washington. :dallasuck

Not to mention Witten holding all game long.

from 446 for a second i thought he was gone!

that would have been even better!

Are these screens by design or does every pass play look like a screen because the OL seems to let the opposing DL in on practically every play LOL!

Reffering to Campbell's clip board!

His head did turn but the guy immediately let go of the face mask. I mean, I'll take it and everything but, that should've been a 5 yard facemask. It wasn't the personal foul variety.

I saw something on here saying that if the neck turns around while grabbing it, that is of the 15 yard variety. Don't know if that's true, but sounds like it could be. That kind of jerk to the neck could hurt a guy.

:helmet: :cheers: :helmet:

NFL.com

15 yard penalties

8. Twisting, turning, or pulling an opponent by the facemask.

This is the official rule off the NFL.com page of rules. There was a twist involved, hence 15 yards.

NFL.com

5 yard penalties

19. Grasping facemask of the ball carrier or quarterback

And here is the rule for a 5 yarder. Had Taylor's head not twisted it would have been 5. So there is no gray area here, the Refs made the right call (amid all the missed ones during the game)

Link

Archived