Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBC's Halftime Coverage

nickditchey

I was very excited to see the Novak's dramatic game winning fg during the halftime highlights of NBC's Sunday Night game only to find out that the "Redskins Cowboys" highlight they had promised to show during the last minute of the first half consisted of a T.O. touchdown, a T.O. dropped pass and a T.O. press conference and not even a mention of the dramatic blocked fg play. Since when did the greatest rivalry in sports turn into a one man highlight reel. What's even worse was the next games highlights, Ravens v Bengals was turned into a Chad Johnson report. NBC displayed in a fifteen minute halftime break everything that's wrong with the NFL and it's a shame it had to overshadow one of the best finishes in the Skins-Cowboys rivalry.

Even right after the game, it was the same way. The way I see it was this, if Washington won, they would talk about how Dallas missed plays, if Dallas one, they would focus on the plays that made Dallas win the game. Yeah, gotta love the unbiased media

It's the same way in baseball with the Yankees, where the pundits spend more time trying to break down why they didn't win versus giving credit to an opponent who happened to make the plays necessary to somehow win. The irony here is that Cowboy fans where I work consider us the Yankees because of annual free agent splash and subsequent player payroll.

So I've learned to come here and share my emotions and jubilation with people who appreciate the real story and an ending to a football game in one of the greatest rivalries in all of sports that was as exciting as you'll ever see. And it wasn't just about blown plays by one player, it was about execution from a TEAM that won this game.

Hail Skins fans, savor this one next to all of the great wins over the Cowboys, because the better TEAM won on Sunday. :applause:

:cheers:

1) I'd bet that every team in sports' fans think their team doesn't get enough positive press coverage.

2) Folks, we're 3-5. Last place in the division. The "we don't get respect" routine works better when you're over 500.

3) We beat Dallas. Who cares what some folks on TV say?

1) I'd bet that every team in sports' fans think their team doesn't get enough positive press coverage.

2) Folks, we're 3-5. Last place in the division. The "we don't get respect" routine works better when you're over 500.

3) We beat Dallas. Who cares what some folks on TV say?

I agree that we should just enjoy the victory. I agree that to merit in-depth analysis you have to really suck, or more usually, be really good.

But I unfortunately had to miss the end of the game, and I would've loved to see it. We're not talking about your run-of-the-mill highlight reel, we're talking about the kind of play that happens once a season. We also didn't get overshadowed by highlights from an exciting game with more broad appeal, like Denver/Pittsburgh, or Chicago's first loss. Heck, we didn't even get overshadowed by Dallas highlights from our own game. They just ran out the same tired T.O. junk.

The NBC highlight show is horrendous. I can't stand to listen to Costner or any of those guys. It's really, really bad. I miss primetime.

I thought I was the only one thinking that. Primetime was the greatest thing ever, but NBC wanted the exclusive rights to show highlights at 7:30. Their highlight show has no life at all.

Archived