Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Youre Going To The Cowboys Game Be As Loud And Crazy As You Have Ever Been!

redskins35to7

What's your favorite brand of peanut butter?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite brand of peanut butter?

• jif
    • skippy
    • peter pan
    • other

'"The Chant" is played....sooo played. It had its place and served its purpose at its orgin - the Vikings playoff game before the '82 season NFC Championship game.

Then, Dallas was the team to beat because they were a perennial Super Bowl contender and they were our next opponent. "The Chant" rose from the raw hunger from the fans to face a team that we had only clearly come out on top of at the end of a season once - ten years prior .

Now, Dallas is the team to beat, only because they're our next opponent. Dallas isn't worthy of the attention that "The Chant" symbolizes.

"The Chant", in its place and time, was magic. Trying to recreate history with it only cheapens it, IMO. No doubt we should be as loud as we can possibly be, but let's make new history, not try to recreate it.

I disagree in full. "We Want Dallas" is as much a part of our team as "Hail To The Redskins" is. We've been out of it for the past fourteen years, save for two, and in each of those seasons only two games have mattered: At Dallas and versus Dallas.

You're confusing trying to "recreate history" with pride and tradition.

:wewantd:

I disagree in full. "We Want Dallas" is as much a part of our team as "Hail To The Redskins" is. We've been out of it for the past fourteen years, save for two, and in each of those seasons only two games have mattered: At Dallas and versus Dallas.

:wewantd:

Thank you, I could not have said it better. Now I need to get a life and stop replying on my own thread.

I appreciate your sentiments in supporting the team.

However, to be honest over the years they have done precious little to earn the respect of their fans. It's always the same old story... No offense, and lose the games...

Yes! I will cheer if they show a potential to win. But, the balls in the player's court!

Agree to disagree. No way do I see twelve seasons measured by our two games versus Dallas in each of those seasons.

But, "We Want Dallas" sure as heck beats booing. :cheers:

I appreciate your sentiments in supporting the team.

However, to be honest over the years they have done precious little to earn the respect of their fans. It's always the same old story... No offense, and lose the games...

Yes! I will cheer if they show a potential to win. But, the balls in the player's court!

You are supposed to support your team no matter what. I will cheer no matter what happens.

Forget our record. Forget all the bad times this season(and I know there has been quite a few). Dallas is next and there is no better time to beat them. We have a duty as fans. All of you going to the game better show those Cowboy fans we dont play around. Dont take thier crap. I want people around the country watching on TV to be reminded that Redskin fans live to hate Dallas. Be as loud and crazy as you have ever been in your life. I want to bring back the chant. You know exactly what I'm talking about and not enough of you do it. Before the game chant "WE WANT DALLAS" so loud that those stupid cowgirls shake in thier boots.

OK - if you say so.

I WAS just going to sit and knit a sweater........

:logo:

YES

Everyone chant, at the top of your lungs, WE WANT DALLAS, I want to be able to hear this on the TV when im recording the game from home.

And when a bad play happens, dont Boo, just sit down and shut up, we dont need to bring the team down, we need to keep them pumped up so nothing stops them from having an 8-0 winning streak. We did a 6-0 last year, so lets make another streak with 2 more wins.

Archived