Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Campbell Is Patiently Waiting in the Wings

redskinsunshine

He was in there with the scrubs and no gameplanning. What did you expect him to do? Outperform the experienced guys with their 1st string offense? The amazing thing is that he still wasn't WORSE.

So thats al you have. Your amazed he wasnt worse. :doh: Well thats a sure enough reason to start a player.

So thats al you have. Your amazed he wasnt worse. :doh: Well thats a sure enough reason to start a player.

You're being glib on purpose. He put in a comparable performance with third stringers, as the starter did with the 1st stringers.

Now if you can't see the different between starting an old QB on the downside of his career vs starting a young QB who needs the reps, then why should I waste my time convincing you. Brunells done. I got no animosity for him, he was great last season. But he's done now. Keep starting him hoping for that 10-game win streak. We'll see how that works out.

You start a player because the current player at his positions sucks. At some point, you have to find out what you have with Campbell. And that's not going to happen with limp armed Brunell behind center.

Also, Mark Brunell supposedly had a better preseason than Patrick Ramsey in 2004. That turned out wonderfully.

Preseason means squat. Especially with the way Gibbs runs it.

Gibbs has yet to make a good QB decision in his second tenure here. Going and getting Brunell was a bad decision in 2004 - overpaying for Brunell made it even worse. Sticking with Brunell despite injury in 2004 was asinine. Then, benching ramsey after 1.5 quarters really showed us how "loyal" he is. Now, we're back to the 2004 injured and uproductive Brunell, and we get the same song and dance.

In the article Campbell says he can go in and be "poised" and "manage the game." What he is saying there is that he can do AT LEAST as much as Brunell. And probably a whole lot more. We are wasting our future, and quite possibly our present, on the sidelines because we keep sending MARK BRUNELL, a CHRONIC LOSER, out onto the field, in the hopes that SOMETHING DIFFERENTwill happen this week. Nothing Different will happen, however, and it hasn't happened in weeks 1-7, or in weeks 13-17 plus 2 rounds of the playoffs last season.

The good father disciplines every son whom he loves. Maybe gibbs doesn't love brunell enuf to give him what he needs. If he wants to hire me, I can give disciplinary services. To start with he is benched for the first half of sunday, and only goes in if we are down by 15 or more in the second half. We will talk about next week next week. Now go to your spot on the field, with the clipboard, and shut up.

So you just throw out the fact that you were completely wrong about the taking snaps thing. So be it. Guess who cares what players do or how they handle themselves in college ball. COACHES. How exactly do you think they evaluate talent...have them fill out a form that tells them to rate themselves on how awesome they are? Of course a players stats, etc from college ball don't necessarily translate into an NFL caliber QB but watching what they do, how they handle themselves, and a million other tiny details is how coaches decide who they believe will make it in the pros and who won't. Are they always right? Of course not. There are many intangibles, but it has always been said of Campbell that he has a lot of raw talent and athleticism; it just remains to be seen if he can meet the mental and pressure challenges of the NFL. That moves us right into your second point. In preseason play, while certainly not perfect, Campbell made some beautiful throws, had good pocket presence and poise, and didn't panic (read: Collins, Todd). Given the limited amount of real practice he has had that isn't too bad. This is why I am upset that he doesn't get more time practicing our own offense.

The article talks about how he is getting more and more snaps. Again what you do in college doesnt always translate to success in the pros. As far as pre season I live in Dallas so I didnt get to see all of the preseason games, I just dont recall anyone talking about how great he looked. Id like to see some stats.

You start a player because the current player at his positions sucks. At some point, you have to find out what you have with Campbell. And that's not going to happen with limp armed Brunell behind center.

Also, Mark Brunell supposedly had a better preseason than Patrick Ramsey in 2004. That turned out wonderfully.

Preseason means squat. Especially with the way Gibbs runs it.

You dont start a rookie just because the other qb sucks. Thats why your on a fan website and not coaching. You bring him along until he is ready to play. We all saw how crappy Ramsey was when he was rushed into the starting job.

You dont start a rookie just because the other qb sucks. Thats why your on a fan website and not coaching. You bring him along until he is ready to play. We all saw how crappy Ramsey was when he was rushed into the starting job.

The offensive coaching staff has already said they feel comfortable with Campbell leading the offense. What more do you want? Bad starter, QB of the future is ready to go. It really doesn't get any better than that.

Hey Guys ...just a thought.. What if Jason Cambell gets tired of waiting and asks to be traded out of frustration. I think the Dallas game has a lot more riding than just making the playoffs. It could also be a nasty Quarterback controversey. Where Jason loses his patients and wants to play. Maybe I should of started thread about that. If we lose against Dallas that could be the case.

I really couldn't blame him if it came to that.

Hey Guys ...just a thought.. What if Jason Cambell gets tired of waiting and asks to be traded out of frustration. I think the Dallas game has a lot more riding than just making the playoffs. It could also be a nasty Quarterback controversey. Where Jason loses his patients and wants to play. Maybe I should of started thread about that. If we lose against Dallas that could be the case.

He wont do that. He knows his time is coming. Saunders knows it as well.

JC is talent...talent that sits on the bench! This we all know is a fact. The biggest unkown is why JC doesn't get into the game. Could it be that he hasn't had enough time to learn a 700 page playbook? Could it be he hasn't had enough practice to get the timing down? Or maybe, just maybe it could be fear? Coaches on this level fear the rookie QB in "must win" situations. And until the "must win" situation isn't a concern we are not going to see JC. Too bad.

JC is talent...talent that sits on the bench! This we all know is a fact. The biggest unkown is why JC doesn't get into the game. Could it be that he hasn't had enough time to learn a 700 page playbook? Could it be he hasn't had enough practice to get the timing down? Or maybe, just maybe it could be fear? Coaches on this level fear the rookie QB in "must win" situations. And until the "must win" situation isn't a concern we are not going to see JC. Too bad.

Gibbs and Saunders both claims that Campbell is ready, but dont have a reason to bench Brunell. Campbell spends most of his time studying the playbook.

The only reason why I am still a Redskins fan up until now is because of Campbell! Play the kid soon or those bleachers will start looking empty.

Maybe there's room on the Cowgirls sidelines for you:dallasuck

Stick with your team no matter what!!! We lose together, we win together and we suffer together. Either way you put on your damb Redskins hat and jersey, you watch them every Sunday and YOU CHEER. Otherwise, pack it in:mad:

The numbers do not lie, Brunell is below average as the Redskins starting QB, thats being generous. Our legendary, Hall of Fame head coach is still looking at what worked 15 years ago. Stashing vets on IR and winning with the older less athletic, super smart players worked back then. This is a young mans league now, just take a look around the league at the age of the starting QB's. Look at RB's, most of them are done by age 30. Look at Mr. Merriman, is he super smart? Well taking steriods is far from smart, but he is young, he is fast and he is athletic. Ed Reed, the best safety in the game? Would you take him for the next 5 years at ages 28-33 years old or Mr. Taylor at 23-28?

Being super smart gets you nothing when the guy across from you is younger, faster and more athletic. This also applys at the QB position, the super smart, unmobile, no chance taking vet(Kerry Collins or Mark Brunell) or the young, strong, mobile youngster(Vince Young or Jason Campbell). Kurt Warner or Matt Leinart? Need more? I can keep going

This applys at every position, sure we would all like to have yound studs at every position. When you trade away draft picks your chances of finding these great younsters diminishes. Look at our starters, to many over 30 in the crew, especially on defense, and thus a 2-5 record.

Looking at the bright side is our offense is pretty young at most of the key positions, now getting younger at the most crucial one is in order.

Dallas, Arizona, Tennessee among others have figured it out, if your gonna lose, it might as well be while getting your young QB some experience. The fans are super smart in some instances, and starting Jason Campbell is a no brainer.

You dont start a rookie just because the other qb sucks.

No, you start a 2nd year QB who was a first round draft pick because your starting QB sucks and you need to see what Campbell can do.

Thats why your on a fan website and not coaching.

And why aren't you coaching, Spirit of Vince Lombardi? Seems that you are just some random fan posting on this site, same as me. :rolleyes:

You bring him along until he is ready to play. We all saw how crappy Ramsey was when he was rushed into the starting job.

And we also saw Gibbs cling on to Brunell for the first half of the 2004 season, when it was painfully clear that he was NOT getting the job done.

No, you start a 2nd year QB who was a first round draft pick because your starting QB sucks and you need to see what Campbell can do.

And why aren't you coaching, Spirit of Vince Lombardi? Seems that you are just some random fan posting on this site, same as me. :rolleyes:

And we also saw Gibbs cling on to Brunell for the first half of the 2004 season, when it was painfully clear that he was NOT getting the job done.

First off im not the one pretending to know whats going on during practices. And of course the coaching staff is going to say hes ready to start in public. With everything we gave up for him Gibbs sure cant come out and say he sucks. :rolleyes:

No offense but that is ridiculous.

For all intensive purposes, a loss this week will be the same as an elimination playoffwise. Unless the rest of our division has plane crashes or something. They r right on the thin line now.

Beating Dallas this year is easy, so if we can't pul that off at home, we need to aim for next year and put Brunell down, stop the pain and put him out of his misery, and ours. Time for the next generation passed us a long time ago.

First off im not the one pretending to know whats going on during practices. And of course the coaching staff is going to say hes ready to start in public. With everything we gave up for him Gibbs sure cant come out and say he sucks. :rolleyes:

Stop acting like you do then. You are constantly downing every post in this thread, but you said yourself that you didn't watch the preseason and you don't know what is going on during practices. Then after you say that, you follow up with telling us what Gibbs can and can not do. lol.

I am sorry.. but Brunell just doesn't have it man. You might want to take him off your fantasy team.. :-/

Stop acting like you do then. You are constantly downing every post in this thread, but you said yourself that you didn't watch the preseason and you don't know what is going on during practices. Then after you say that, you follow up with telling us what Gibbs can and can not do. lol.

I am sorry.. but Brunell just doesn't have it man. You might want to take him off your fantasy team.. :-/

Relax junior.Gibbs can do whatever he wants. Your right I have no idea whats going on in practice but I somehow doub that the coaching staff is rushing to phoned to kepp a 19 year old kid up to date with JC's status.

Archived