Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fred Smoot on MNF

TD Riggo

Maybe it's just that NE is THAT good, but all of you guys who keep wringing your hands and saying "If only we had kept Smoot.." .. I don't think we're a whole lot worse off with who we have right now.

Don't get me wrong .. I liked Smoot when he was here, but I just haven't seen him as the stellar CB in the few games I've seen him in the last couple of years!

Maybe it's just that NE is THAT good, but all of you guys who keep wringing your hands and saying "If only we had kept Smoot.." .. I don't think we're a whole lot worse off with who we have right now.

Don't get me wrong .. I liked Smoot when he was here, but I just haven't seen him as the stellar CB in the few games I've seen him in the last couple of years!

Your a 100 years old your eye sights going.

Seriously though he's playing allright gives good effort but I gotta believe the love boat thing is still hanging around. Don't know why but some of what I've seen he's played well some not so well.

Same way he was here gave good effort just not enough to back up the talk

Your a 100 years old your eye sights going.

Seriously though he's playing allright gives good effort but I gotta believe the love boat thing is still hanging around. Don't know why but some of what I've seen he's played well some not so well.

Same way he was here gave good effort just not enough to back up the talk

Yikes.

I agree with most of that. I think we are seeing that Smoot is not a #1 cornerback yet, or maybe he never will be. I think he was great in this system with springs as the #1 and taylor roaming the backfield blowing up people. Do I miss smoot, yes I believe he was great in this system. But could he have been our #1 corner, it doesnt look that way in minni I have seen him getting taken to the wood shed as much as rogers.

I think all that legal mess is still bothering him. While he's paid his fine, I bet it's in the back of mind still and he probably isn't playing as well because of it. Who knows what would have happened if he stayed here and DIDN'T get into trouble.

Archived