Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: If Joe Gibbs wasn't Joe Gibbs

Beaudry

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I'd want to know that coaches previous successes and failures.

See this is what I don't understand. Why does it matter what the coach has done previously? This coach is 18-21 two and a half years into his tenure, and apparently has no plans for the future or a solution for present problems. No matter who the coach is or what the coach has done, this has not been a good stint.

I don't know if its as much the coaches as the players they have, Brunell isn't playing well, and I don't think they are calling for dump offs to Betts all the time, I really think Brunell is unwilling to run the offense the way it is designed.

I don't know if its as much the coaches as the players they have, Brunell isn't playing well, and I don't think they are calling for dump offs to Betts all the time, I really think Brunell is unwilling to run the offense the way it is designed.

It's more like the offense is tailored to fit Brunell's strengths... 3 step drop get rid of the ball in the flat...

I think what Gibbs did in the past is exactly that... In the past. I love everything he did for this franchise when I was growing up as a kid, but right now, he's not pushing the right buttons.

I can absolutey guarantee you that if this team was coached by anyone other than Joe Gibbs that the entire board would be calling for his head. This team has the talent to be competitive, but they aren't. They are rudderless. A bunch of paycheck players just going through the motions. No heart. No fire. No desire. Pathetic.

But it's Joe Gibbs, and I know he can turn it around. Snyder's poison can't be that effective, can it?

I don't associate this version of Gibbs with the one we once had...they are not the same coach. This version of gibbs is one of the worst coaches in the league right now.

He's gotten us back to the playoffs last year after years of crap and that's what you say?

Yes this year is a setback and a disappointment, but knowing Gibbs we will finish strong.

Now if we are embarrassed at home by the Cowboys, then I will believe this season has truly gotten out of control.

But the way I see it, we can sure have fun being a nuisance for other teams to try and beat this year.

I could deal with 6-10 the first season. Coach Gibbs inherited a team that was a little weak in personnel. 10-6 last year was great. But now 2-5 is a huge disappointment. Stupid, expensive FA signings in the off season and sticking with a bad QB has us at 2-5 with nothing to look forward to other than a QB with no experience and filling defensive holes with more overpaid FA's. No one to blame except the President of Operations.

It's more like the offense is tailored to fit Brunell's

You think this offense is tailored to fit Brunell? I believe they shaved off a bunch of plays he was incapable of running, but I can NOT believe that Al Saunders is calling for dump offs THIS often. The plays are there. Receivers are open deep, Brunell just refuses to pull the trigger and Gibbs, for whatever reason, is eating it up and loving it.

They come back to Fed Ex in 2 weeks and the fans WILL tell Gibbs just what they think of Brunell. They can mask his inadequacies for a while, but it's going to be inevitable that Brunell is going to need to make some plays rather than throwing the ball away or to the dump off man on 3rd down. And when that happens, the boos will reign down on the field.

The best thing for everyone involved would be to put Cambell in right now. Gibbs won't have to hear the inevitable boos, and Brunell can take a seat knowing the last two passes he made were for a TD and a 2 pt conversion.

You think this offense is tailored to fit Brunell? I believe they shaved off a bunch of plays he was incapable of running, but I can NOT believe that Al Saunders is calling for dump offs THIS often. The plays are there. Receivers are open deep, Brunell just refuses to pull the trigger and Gibbs, for whatever reason, is eating it up and loving it.

They come back to Fed Ex in 2 weeks and the fans WILL tell Gibbs just what they think of Brunell. They can mask his inadequacies for a while, but it's going to be inevitable that Brunell is going to need to make some plays rather than throwing the ball away or to the dump off man on 3rd down. And when that happens, the boos will reign down on the field.

The best thing for everyone involved would be to put Cambell in right now. Gibbs won't have to hear the inevitable boos, and Brunell can take a seat knowing the last two passes he made were for a TD and a 2 pt conversion.

Yes the offense is fit to Brunell's strength... the dump off passes and screesn. Aikman even said it yesterday that Brunell feels most comfortable with that. It's unfortunate but what else can Saunders do with Brunell at the helm. Tell to throw deep so he can under throw his receivers??? As bad as I want them to do that, Brunell can't do it, so they had to tailor the offense to what's "most comfortable" to him. The quick screens and dump offs.

Archived