Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Gibbs doesn't make the QB switch . . .

Riggins Seventy Chip

I'm thinking after Dallas, we could see JC for the remainder of the season. Only because he needs the experience and we need to see what we've got in him. But coming into 2007-2008, don't be surprised if MB wins out the starting job in training camp. Unless Brunell retires at the end of this season, which is unlikely, he will still compete next preseason, the same as all the other QBs on our roster. We should still have Collins too, since he signed a 2 year contract. Brunell could start at least part of next year, then JC could come in and take over if that's what the coaches decide.

You know why Gibbs won't make the change?

Because right now... the Eagles are in first place with exactly 2 more wins than the Redskins. So technically, the Skins still have a shot at winning the division. There are lots of divisional games to be played.

I'm not condoning the decision by any means... but if you want to know why Gibbs won't make the change... it's because it's a long season and the NFC East leaders haven't pulled away.

Actually, he won't make the change, because he wasn't the one who did it last time.

2 years ago against Cincy. Mark waited until they were down like 17-0 to pull himself.

Prediction, he'll do that again in the next two games. Most likely when the game is out of hand and the boo's of 90K people are too much for him.

I spent all night thinking about it (yes I know, pathetic)... Honestly I think there is something more to this then the eye meets. We all know Gibbs is unbelieveably loyal to Brunell, but even I being a major MB fan can't understand why at this point we haven't seen JC once and then it dawned on me and this thread makes perfect sense.

I think there is something with JC that the coaches see during practice that we fans don't see. Something that would suggest he is not ready to lead this team on a weekly to weekly basis. If you think about it, he's had 7 games to win the complete backup role from what's his face and hasn't done that. It is quite possible to earn yourself a better team ranking through practice and I just really don't feel at this time JC is ready or something more then meets the eye of the obvious "Gibbs is loyal" crap. Dunno but that's just something I really believe.

How can you really know if he is ready, because he is never put into the game? For instant, yesterday with about five minutes left in the game it's over and Brunnel is still out there. Why, to make his numbers look better of course. Look back in history time and time again quarterbacks are replaced if they can't produce results. The future is now before the season is completely lost. Why is Gibbs so loyal to veteran QBs? I really don't understand it, has he lost all perspective of whats going on out there, maybe NASCAR racing is calling again.

How can you really know if he is ready, because he is never put into the game? For instant, yesterday with about five minutes left in the game it's over and Brunnel is still out there. Why, to make his numbers look better of course. Look back in history time and time again quarterbacks are replaced if they can't produce results. The future is now before the season is completely lost. Why is Gibbs so loyal to veteran QBs? I really don't understand it, has he lost all perspective of whats going on out there, maybe NASCAR racing calling again.

Look, his QB had a toenail ripped off, he clearly couldn't plant and throw with any aim......and he was left in. what do you expect now?

Archived