Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My take on the D -- NO TURNOVERS !!

Bostic Hog

In browsing through the stats on NFL.com, I came to the realization that our Defense is causing our anguish. The only team with fewer take-aways than us is Houston. We have a total of 5, yes FIVE, take-aways in 6 games. We cannot win without forcing turnovers.

Our defensive backs have ZERO, 0, NONE, interceptions. Isn't that their job? What is going on with the D???

Carry on.

HTTR

In browsing through the stats on NFL.com, I came to the realization that our Defense is causing our anguish. The only team with fewer take-aways than us is Houston. We have a total of 5, yes FIVE, take-aways in 6 games. We cannot win without forcing turnovers.

Our defensive backs have ZERO, 0, NONE, interceptions. Isn't that their job? What is going on with the D???

Carry on.

HTTR

Didn't Kenny Wright either get or cause an INT vs Jacksonville?

Your take is correct, IMO. It is not fully the defenses fault that our record is what it is but they have to improve and take the ball away. This season is setting up like last year as far as the turnovers yet the difference is they have not been solid in the fundamentals of the game as they were last year. I think we will see the turnovers begin to add up and I hope that this is the weeks it starts. HTTR!

Sean Taylor seems like our only chance at turnovers lately. He's the only guy that's trying to really punish offenses and force turnovers if you ask me. Everyone else is trying to tackle the other team like theyre a bunch of school girls. I hope the D makes me change my mind this week.

This is an interesting thought..."IF" this D had capatilized on the numerous turn-over opportunities we've had would the team be 2-4 at this point?

Rogers has dropped at least 3-4 easy INT'S...Washington and Marshall have dropped a couple...Taylor has been in position to pick off the ball but always takes the hit instead, and the D as a whole havent recovered many of the numerous fumbles that they have caused...

Fundamentals, the building blocks of any successful D are what's missing right now...

This is an interesting thought..."IF" this D had capatilized on the numerous turn-over opportunities we've had would the team be 2-4 at this point?

Rogers has dropped at least 3-4 easy INT'S...Washington and Marshall have dropped a couple...Taylor has been in position to pick off the ball but always takes the hit instead, and the D as a whole havent recovered many of the numerous fumbles that they have caused...

Fundamentals, the building blocks of any successful D are what's missing right now...

We'd be at least 4-2, maybe 5-1. The Carlos Rogers dropped INT and Tiki fumble at NY could have been huge momentum shifts.

The Dallas game our defense did all it could to get our offense back in the game in the 3rd quarter with the forced fumble on Julius Jones, but we got zero points out of it.

Archived