Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CDC - McFarland's first practice with Colts goes well

HapHaszard

http://www.cushingdaily.com/sports/cnhinsprosports_story_293095633.html

NDIANAPOLIS — Anthony McFarland’s first practice as a member of the Indianapolis Colts went off without a hitch Thursday, which means that he should see plenty of playing time Sunday when the Colts host the Washington Redskins at the RCA Dome.

Sporting a white No. 92 jersey — which he was awarded after the previous owner, defensive tackle Dan Klecko, opted to give it up in reverence to McFarland’s tenure in the NFL — the former Tampa Bay defensive tackle spent most of the workout getting himself acclimated to his new teammates. He is expected to become an integral part of the Colts’ eight-man defensive line rotation

“He did fine today. Just trying to get to know his teammates and little nuances in how we do. He looked good and ran well and got in there and practiced and looked right at home,” Indianapolis coach Tony Dungy said Thursday.

“I think he’s going to be one of our rotational defensive lineman. He’s been playing about 50 plays a game [with the Buccaneers] and I’m sure he could 40 to 50 [plays] for us without much problem. We’ll see how the game develops, but he’ll be in there rotating and playing a series in and out I would think.”

click on the link above for the rest of the article

Archived