Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thanks / My DC Experience

Sherlock Holmes

Hi Guys,

First off, I'd like to express my thanks to Huly and all the Tailgate gang for making our first ever Skins game ( regardless of the result ) an excellent experience. My bro and dad and I were overwhelmed by your welcome and generosity, It really was the highlight of our trip! I personally met Tarhog, Pez, Huly, RedskinsBill, Hof44, Blondie and so many others who im sorry I cant remember your post names

As for my first DC trip myself, well, I was suprised by how quiet the place is. We stayed in Chinatown, and it was perfectly situated, not too far from anywhere really. Thanks to everyone who recomended Tony Chengs mongolian, It was fantastic, we ate there on friday night.

On saturday, we saw all the sights, and took in the Spy museum, pretty cool I thought. Decided to go cheap and eat at one of the Hotels bars....cant remember the name, was pretty good food actually though. We then watched the Capitals at Verizon lose in overtime to the Thrashers, but that was a great experience, our first Hockey game.

On sunday, obviously there was the Tailgate ( WHOOO!! Great Soft Shell crab by the way! ), and the game ( :mad: ) and then we went to Hooters in the evening.

Thanks again everyone at the Tailgate!

:cheers:

It was great meeting and tailgating with you, your brother and Dad, SH. :cheers:

Too bad the Skins lost while you were here. :doh:

Next time you are here for a Skins game, you know where to find us tailgating.

You are always welcome.

Here's something to remember the day by.

Most definitely, my dad is already working on my mum to let us come next year!

:D

...wish the game had turned out differently for your sake....

....but hey, at least you got to go to Hooters :)

:laugh: That reminds me of a story a co-worker told me. She is from England and her sister and brother-in-law were visiting from England. My co-worker's husband took the brother-in-law out to a golf shop in Fairfax. While there he thought it would be funny to swing the guy by Hooters. They walk in and the English guy was floored. He had no idea.

When they were telling me the story later, the brother-in-law said, "I would have to pay 10 pounds to get into a place like that back home!"

Glad you had a good trip, regardless of the debacle the Redskins put on for you!

Cheers guys,

Hooters was an absolute blast.

And for those of you wondering what your average soccer game atmosphere is like, enjoy this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvW26uByF4M

I know this is going to sound stupid, but I was wondering if you ever saw the movie "Green Street Hooligans", and if premier teams actually do have "firms" so to speak, and if that type of stuff is common over there.

I know this is going to sound stupid, but I was wondering if you ever saw the movie "Green Street Hooligans", and if premier teams actually do have "firms" so to speak, and if that type of stuff is common over there.

Indeed I have seen that film. In the 70s and 80s rioting at games was commonplace. Now however the police have got right on top of it. There are still firms of course operating, most clubs ( not just premier league, in fact, the most prominent are in the lower leagues ), have one, and fighting at games rarely happens nowadays, unless its the odd one between die hard rivals, but mostly anything that goes on are in and around the towns and the pubs before and after the games.

My team, Ipswich, who I actually feel more strongly about than the Redskins, against Norwich, when we won 1-2 at there ground, last season with a late goal :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxKyFeRkQOk

It's a very hostile atmosphere at these games.

Of course, here are the steroetypical England football hooligans:

Not causing much trouble, just enjoyng themselves. So no, theres not really that sort of thing going on anymore, but it is a different atmosphere as you can see.

Archived