Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

8-2 or we're through

RedzoneHunter

I think you guys are grasping at straws. Last year's team, even when losing, showed some grit and competitive fire. They lost games on the road at Denver, KC, and TB, and at home vs the Chargers that were just 1-2 plays away from being huge wins. Yes, they had a couple of bad losses (vs the Raiders -simply a letdown game, and at the Giants - the Mara lovefest), but every team has a couple of those.

What I see this year is different. We're not in the game mentally, we're not intense, we're not losing close hard-fought games. We're getting outworked, outcoached, and outplayed.

I'd love to think we could pull off a miracle turn-around season, and with Gibbs you can never count them out completely, but I see nothing that gives me confidence we have what it takes so far.

Sadly, I just don't see it.

Tarhog, I've been saying that all along. That's why I have continuly said the ONLY way we'll be ok is if we get a spark. I think the only way we can get that spark is jason Campbell. He may not, but what do we have to lose? Seriously. I believe the same goes for Rocky McIntosh and the defense.

I think you guys are grasping at straws. Last year's team, even when losing, showed some grit and competitive fire. They lost games on the road at Denver, KC, and TB, and at home vs the Chargers that were just 1-2 plays away from being huge wins. Yes, they had a couple of bad losses (vs the Raiders -simply a letdown game, and at the Giants - the Mara lovefest), but every team has a couple of those.

What I see this year is different. We're not in the game mentally, we're not intense, we're not losing close hard-fought games. We're getting outworked, outcoached, and outplayed.

I'd love to think we could pull off a miracle turn-around season, and with Gibbs you can never count them out completely, but I see nothing that gives me confidence we have what it takes so far.

Sadly, I just don't see it.

I totally agree. It is not the losses but the nature of the losses. The boys and the giants good but not great teams thoroughly dominated us. The Vikes, an average team spanked us at home. I won't even mention the last game.

A nice 5-0 run would put the team right back in the thick of it. Of course, based on how the team has been playing, I can't see that happening. No matter what, though, I'll be watching on Sunday and I'll still wear my colors in public. This team will bounce back eventually, and the core players are young so I think we have a bright future. This should have been our year, and it still could be, but I have a radical idea: let's NOT sign half a dozen big name free agents again this April. Please.

Archived