Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone interested in fantasy basketball?

MichaelM

A friend started a fantasy basketball league for the usual group that does football and baseball each year, but most don't care or watch the NBA. We are only up to five teams so far even though none of us are into the NBA. If anyone would like to join for a little competition among non-NBA fans who like the overall fantasy competition, feel free to join. It's a Yahoo league. ID is 101617 and password kwame (as in #1 pick bust).

I was in one last year. I personally think it's horrible. Fantasy Football >>>>>> Fantasy Baseball >> Fantasy Basketball. You really have to be a fan of the game to do a fantasy BB league, IMHO.

I did take first place in that league, though. Thank you Lebron James!

i might be interested. When is the draft? I signed up, but I never played with an autopick draft, how does that work, do I have to pre-draft rankings.

I'm not the Commish in this league, but made a post on the league page asking about the draft. The autopick draft is one where everyone ranks the players or uses the default rankings then the server randomly selects the draft order and processes the draft. If you have the first pick, your team would select the highest player you ranked. When you get to your next pick, it will select the highest ranked player again until the draft is completed. In doing this, you could end up with 4 PG's and no C's, but it beats taking the time for a live draft when most of us don't care about the NBA to be that concerned.

Managing the starting lineups is a day to day change, but what I do is just do a week or so at a time and change the lineup based on who is playing each day. The previous time I did a basketball league, I ended up with an injured player for a week or so that I had no idea was out, but it didn't matter too much.

Archived