Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dink & Dunk and Locking Onto Moss

RedzoneHunter

Hey guys, news flash. The Panthers have started seasons 0-7 and everyone had them written off. They finished the year SUPER Strong and are back year in and year out to be a strong team. I don't think Brunell will be benched for several more weeks until there is absolutely no chance we can make the playoffs.

Deep down, we all know that's the case. Gibbs will go down with the ship with Brunell as his first mate. I won't let that stop me from screaming at the top of my lungs while the guy stinks it up out there week after week.

Let me share with you Brunell's thoughts as he drops back...

"Okay, where's Moss....nope, can't throw that far. Where's ARE? He's too far downfield too! Where's Lloyd? Damn it...isn't anyone closer?"

Now he has 3 options because he's taken too long... Brunell can:

A. Get sacked

B. Step up then roll out and throw:

.....B1. the ball away

.....B2. down the sideline into coverage

C. Throw the screen/slant to option #4 (Cooley, Portis or Betts) for an average 3-yard gain.

Deep down, we all know that's the case. Gibbs will go down with the ship with Brunell as his first mate. I won't let that stop me from screaming at the top of my lungs while the guy stinks it up out there week after week.

:laugh: You sound like me and my brothers in my living room, every week since the win over the jags.

Put the rock in CP's hands and let Campbell dink and dunk until he's comfortable. Then open up the offense for him as time goes by. We can't open up the offense to Brunell because he doesn't have the arm or heart to go downfield.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Al Saunders would have begun the season with Collins as the starter until the other two started to grasp his system, but Gibbs probably insisted on Brunell. Of course, we may never really know the answer to that one, but what we have now is equivelent to hiring a plumber to do the carpenters job, or the blind leading the blind.

Archived