Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Playoff team?

Langford78

First of all, I will ALWAYS be a Redskins fan. We could go 0-16 and I would still bleed burgundy and gold.

But with that said, how can we consider this team a possible playoff contendor when they can't beat the friggin Titans! This makes me feel alot like I felt when we lost to the eventual 1-15 Cowboys several years back. I know this is the NFL and you can't sleep on any team...but if your team is truely a playoff quality team, how can you be so flat against such an inferior team?

No, I'm not giving up on our boys. Again, I'm a rabid skins fan and will always be. I just needed to vent.

First of all, I will ALWAYS be a Redskins fan. We could go 0-16 and I would still bleed burgundy and gold.

But with that said, how can we consider this team a possible playoff contendor when they can't beat the friggin Titans! This makes me feel alot like I felt when we lost to the eventual 1-15 Cowboys several years back. I know this is the NFL and you can't sleep on any team...but if your team is truely a playoff quality team, how can you be so flat against such an inferior team?

No, I'm not giving up on our boys. Again, I'm a rabid skins fan and will always be. I just needed to vent.

We have to win 7 of our next 10 just to bring our record to 9-7, and that might not even cut it.

We aren't going to the "paloffs", people, much as I bleed Burgundy and Gold.

Now I'll have to get solace from Dallass and Philthy losses. :silly:

Our defensive line is teh Suck. I'll keep Corn, but that's about it. Golston too because he's a rookie and has some potential. Other than that please blow up the d-line and get some help! I would say look in the draft but we don't have ANY picks.

You know what I don't get? How is it that there is SO much talent out there in Free Agency last off season and we wound up with crap. If we're going to trade away all our picks, why not get Abraham from the JETS? He would have been a beast.

Instead we pick up Andre Carter...? :doh:

we are the only team in the league that doesnt blitz. Those announcers were saying we were blitzing and young stood in the pocket so well. Thats crap, we brought maybe 5 at most. Bring eight and they wont get the ball out.

We've brought 5 and they've burnt us, we've brought 6 and they're burnt us, 7 etc...

Even when we blitz the opposition seems to either a)know it's coming or B) think our blitz is so bad that they just stand in the pocket and pick our secondary apart. Yesterday would have been MUCh worse if Young would have hit open receivers alot of time.

Having said that, I'm going to have faith that we can show something this year that will, at the very least, let us know where this club is going in the next few years. Why? Because that's about all we've got now....

Well I remember back in '93 the Oilers started 1-4, but then reeled off 11 straight wins to win the AFC Central. It could happen, have faith people, have faith.

That's a VERY good point and thank you for bringing that up! It makes me feel that there are actually some things we can still hope for.:cheers:

Archived