Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Have to Go 8-3 From Here Forward

bulldog

I'll chime in on these 2...

#1. It's quite possible that we can go 8-3 but don't look at it that way. We are competing against our division and who is to say 10-6 is what you need in the NFC East? Look at the schedules the rest of the way, if any team is 9-7 that' s a miracle. Our divisional foes will suffer some losses...

#2. The loss at home to Minny was rectified when we beat the 12-4 Jaguars. Now our goal is to win the games we are supposed to win. If we defend our house by winng our home games and beat 2/5 teams on the road (Bucs, Rams,Indy, Eagles and Saints) , we will be right where most of us predicted. 10-6

There is room for concern because of the lack of intensity and execution, but that was being said last year before we went 6-0! No need to panic, lets just see how the NFC East plays out. Remember, all our 2nd divisional games are at home just like last year!

Looking at our away games I have no problem believing that we will beat the Bucs, Rams, and Saints....also I feel very strongly we will beat the Colts a week from Sunday. The Eagles will beat us. Question is what can we do at home? Dallas, Eagles, Giants.....we must beat...tall order with the way our D is playing right now.

A quick glance at the remaining schedules for NFC east teams has me believing 8-3 is not at all neccessary. Lets look at the games played by each NFC east team and what they have remaining.

filthy- beat...Houston, San Fran, Green Bay, and Dallas (not really big time world beaters if I must say so myself) they lost to the vagiants. Their next 2 games are away at N'awlins and Tampa then face Jacksonville at home before the bye. There is a very good chance they drop 2 of these games if not all of 'em. They are then left with the Titans, Indy, Us 2x, the g-men, cowgirls, falcons, and panthers. If we win our games, expect at least 2-3 other losses. That would put filthy at the 9-7 or worse mark.

Dallas- Has beaten us and the Titans while losing to Jacksonville and filthy.They have 3 patsies remaining on their schedule in Arizona, Houston and Detroit. beyond that each of their games should be very tough facing, Indy, Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa and nawlins as well as divisional games. Add to that the fact that misses Owens hasn't been getting her touches and Bledsoe has been throwing some picks and I expect the situation to deteriorate to a point where they will not be pulling off the tough wins. I would be surprised if the girls make it to 8-8

New York- The g-men only have 2 patsies remaining on their schedule, the titans and houston. They must then face, atl, tampa, chicago, jacksonville, n'awlins, carolina and the divisional games. I think it is fair to say they could easily lose 5-6 more.

So in order for us to take our division, I doubt we will need more than 7 wins...but we must beat the NFC east teams. The only patsy(hopefully) we have on our schedule is tennessee and maybe the deceptive Rams (who have beaten the likes of Green Bay, Detroit, Denver and Arizona while losing to San Fran. The real question is will this team be able to get going. Our remaining schedule may be the toughest one left, but we do not need 8 wins to emerge from the pack.

Archived