Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This quote sums up my frustrations

Ramsey11

I didn't see this posted elsewhere, but I just came across this quote on Fox Sports and while a bit harsh, it really sums up for me what the Redskins biggest issue is....

The Redskins are resembling Major League Baseball's New York Yankees more and more — blow your load in free agency, ignore the draft and wonder over and over why teams built from a more systematic perspective eat you for lunch whenever it counts.

Link to Fox Sports

please, like the Giants won't get their asses whooped when they come to our house

They might, but that's not going to make the 2007 draft any better. I'm now starting to worry about our draft because we're giving away picks like we have an unlimited supply, for players who aren't seeing the field.

Wondering if coaches are under the influence or pressure from "must win right now" and "spending spree" front office ?. What about the draft coach Gibbs and his assistants where so wised to use during their first tenure ?

Quote : "Some, who know football, say the players he put together for his championship teams would not have been as successful anywhere else and may have only been considered mediocre players with another team."

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/47400/joe_gibbs_biography.html

HAIL

This one has me pissed off. There is no way, no how anyone can possibly spin this one. But, I'm sure they will try.

No spin here. I'm confused by this one as well. Although, just talking about yesterday, Betts only had one carry. Seemed like the Saunders quote about Portis put some pressure on him to stay in there.

please, like the Giants won't get their asses whooped when they come to our house

Probably not. More likely the game will resemble our final game against the Eagles last year........we'll have Jason Campbell as our QB trying to learn and the Giants will be fighting for a playoff spot.

I didn't see this posted elsewhere, but I just came across this quote on Fox Sports and while a bit harsh, it really sums up for me what the Redskins biggest issue is....

Link to Fox Sports

Yup...I'm wondering why we spent all this $$$ on pricey players that don't actually play. I'm willing to let this loss go, grudgingly, because we usually lose to the Giants in the Meadowlands anyway (though I wanted that win badly). If we don't beat the Titans at FedEx by double digits, I'm gonna start to wonder if the JAX game was a fluke.

BTW, the Yankees' early exit from the playoffs is just more evidence to support the old baseball adage that good pitching beats good hitting every time. The Tigers may well win the World Series with the pitching lineup they have.

Archived