Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Oct. 6: Antwaan Randle El

Art

Let me say I'm not sure you can capture this chat electronically as well as you can listening to him. This is a fun guy. He's one of the most enjoyable, engaging interviews yet. Keep this guy around.

Fansince62

ARE...can you throw the ball further than me?

Note: Sorry Al, I transcribed this wrong to ask the question. You asked MB. We asked me. Still funny though.

Antwaan Randle El

Of course…can I through the ball farther than you? You’ve been a fan since 1962. Oh yeah, I can throw the ball farther than you. (Lots of laughter).

Shsu1

When you set up to pass against the Jags, I got so excited. How often do you see yourself getting the chance to do so again?

Antwaan Randle El

I would hope it’s often. I would hope every week to have teams work against it but that probably won’t be possible considering all the other talent we have on the team. When you do see it, get excited and expect a big play.

cevicker

First I'd like to say how grateful I am for having you as a Redskin! 2 weeks ago, everyone wanted the head of Mark Brunell. How did you keep faith in him and how does he compare to other quarterbacks you have worked with?

Antwaan Randle El

Well, I’m glad you didn’t behead him (laughing). Certainly we keep our faith in Mark because Mark is our guy and he can get the job done for us. When it comes to comparing him to other quarterbacks if we block it up, run the right routes and get open, Mark can deliver the ball. That’s where our faith is in him.

21ppg=superbowl

Compare Sean Taylor and Troy Polamalu. Thanks a bunch and thanks for being a Redskin.

Oh man (deep, amused sigh). Thank you and thanks for having me. To compare those two they are one in the same. Both of them are very athletic, they can get to the ball, cover a lot of ground being back there at safety and the both will knock you out.

buckeyeG

In your mind,how does Danny Smith rank as a special teams coach compared to the one you had in Pittsburgh? And how close are you to taking a punt return to the house?

Antwaan Randle El

I’ll answer the last question first. Very close to taking a punt to the house. It’s just a matter of making one block there, making one guy miss. Danny Smith, he’s right up there with the special teams coach, coach Kevin Spencer from Pittsburgh. They’re both great coaches. Certainly Danny has some tricks up his sleeve too.

extreme skin

what is the biggest difference between the steelers and redskins?

Antwaan Randle El

Extreeeme Skin huh? (I think he likes the name.) The biggest difference would just be the coaching staff. Already playing for a Hall of Famer (here in Washington) and I was playing for a soon to be Hall of Famer whenever he retires.

the burgundy and gold

hey ARE, i was wondering if you and Santana Moss have ever raced? If so who won, do you guys talk trash about each other at all (playfully)? Also have you ever gotten really hit hard by Sean Taylor in practice???

Antwaan Randle El

No I haven’t got hit by Sean hard in practice. When it comes to racing Tana, Tana’s got me by a nose. He’s got me by an inch. Just by a little bit. (Me think he doth protest too much :))

hoosierfan

Just wanted to wish you much success in Washington. We sure do miss you in the "burgh". Punt returns just aren't the same. I miss seeing that great smile in Heinz Field. Good Luck from your Ohio fans and former IU baseball buddies...The Clause Family.

Antwaan Randle El

Hoosier fan! Indiana baby. YES! Those are my people right there. The Clause family. I used to play with Benji Clause back at Indiana when I played one year of baseball so that’s where that’s coming from. Love you guys.

1ofDaFatBoys

I’m a big madden player so my question to you is do you think your rating in Madden which is overall 85, fits you as a player?

Antwaan Randle El

I think it could be a little higher. Somewhere around 89, 90, 91. But, what do you know about Madden. You don’t want none of me. (A challenge laid.)

MSJHWT

Thanks for taking the time to answer fan questions, my question to you is we all heard that part of your reason in coming to Washington was the chance to get more catches, after the fourth game of the season it looks like you've been involved significantly in every game, are you happy with the amount of looks and balls that Mark Brunell is sending your way?

Antwaan Randle El

Yes I am happy. I will continue to be happy and I know it’s going to continue to work. Just watch us to continue to score points. Wins matter more than anything else.

Randle Hell Yeah

2 part question: 1) Do you like my screen name, and 2) do you ever cuss on the field?:cheers:

Antwaan Randle El

No I don’t curse on the field. I like half of your name. Randle Yeah. You can take the (spelling) h.e.l.l,, double hockey, whatever, out. (More laughter, fun guy.)

doomsdaymachine1988

Hey man. First off I want to say thank you for joining the Skins. What was going through your mind when Santana scored the game winning touchdown?

Antwaan Randle El

What was going through my mind was I had to get down there and throw a block for him just to make sure he gets in clean. That’s what was going through my mind.

Community question (thanks Monkart)

We’re almost done, just a couple more questions, but this is the most important we can ask you. Gas or charcoal?

Antwaan Randle El

Charcoal. You gotta go charcoal or you don’t have the right flavor. Charcoal, put your little wood chips in there…oh, and you have to marinate your meat the night before.

FedEx Fielder

Here's my question: What was more exciting? Throwing a touchdown pass in Super Bowl XL or getting drafted in the NFL?

Oh, and secondly, why didn't you go to Notre Dame man?

Antwaan Randle El

Notre Dame wanted me to play wide receiver and cornerback. Indiana was the only school to let me play quarterback. The other question, of course throwing the Super Bowl pass is the big one. You can’t cheat that. That’s going to be played all the time.

babylavar

Hey Randle El are there teams in the NFL that you think that you could play QB for?

Antwaan Randle El

Of course. All I need is the opportunity. Someone to have a little faith in me and that kind of thing.

Closing statement from Antwaan Randle El

Certainly want to say thank you to the fans for coming on and talking on the (message board). We didn’t get a chance to get to everybody’s question, but we really appreciate your support. Continue to watch and cheer for the burgundy and gold.

Archived