Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

usatoday redskinreport

tonyriggins

Arrington and assistant coaches Gregg Williams and Dale Lindsey got along as well as the Hatfields and the McCoys, prompting linebacker Marcus Washington to say, "I'm sure they'll have flowers and candy for each other."

:laugh: That was funny.

DL Joe Salave'a, who missed the past two games with a strained right calf, practiced on Wednesday, as he had last Wednesday and Thursday, before sitting out on Friday. Coach Joe Gibbs expects the veteran defensive tackle to start on Sunday.

"Hopefully by the end of the week, there won't be too much of a discussion about it," Salave'a said. "My pride is injured a little bit, not being able to get out there with the guys (the last two games), but from a health standpoint, (it was) probably the best thing."

Good news and betting that he'll be coming out all kinds of pumped to play as well.

It'll be nice to have big Joe back on the D-line.

I found this part from Saunders interesting:

—Associate head coach Al Saunders was surprised when running back Clinton Portis pulled himself out of a tie game late in the fourth quarter against Jacksonville. Following three carries in four plays, Portis went to the sidelines and was replaced by Ladell Betts.

"All of a sudden, he came out to recover," Saunders said. "You would like your No. 1 guy in there at a critical part of the game. I trust Ladell, but they're different players and it changes what I'll call. It's difficult to call a game with somebody arbitrarily comes out of the game."

It'll be nice to have big Joe back on the D-line.

I found this part from Saunders interesting:

—Associate head coach Al Saunders was surprised when running back Clinton Portis pulled himself out of a tie game late in the fourth quarter against Jacksonville. Following three carries in four plays, Portis went to the sidelines and was replaced by Ladell Betts.

"All of a sudden, he came out to recover," Saunders said. "You would like your No. 1 guy in there at a critical part of the game. I trust Ladell, but they're different players and it changes what I'll call. It's difficult to call a game with somebody arbitrarily comes out of the game."

Yeah he was pretty screwed up with a bruised tailbone. Ouch. :( Tailbones hurt like mo-fos

As far as them being different - it doesn't take a genius to know that!

CP is one of the best RBs I've ever seen. Ladell is just nice.

I think in the past Clinton has always felt that they are almost interchangable. I wonder if the coaches will say something to the players about limiting the substitution pattern in critical situations. It would've been nice to have Clinton in there for that third and one.

Archived