Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My first home game, how sweet -- Skins crush the Jags (updated 11:30 with MORE AUDIO)

Art

Random Observation 2:44, Gameday -- There's something new called Kangaroo tv that they are giving out to try. It's a little yellow box that is tied to NFL Sunday Ticket in the stadium. You can watch games, get stats and follow everything from one little 4 inch or so screen. It's a hell of a good idea if you ask me. Now, unfortunately, it is supposed to run $40 for a game, so, my guess is it'll be big on the club seat level.

:laugh: exactly where I was saw one in use

You guys are amazing.

As for Jones-Drew, he does it out of respect for his grandfather who recently passed away. He was like a father figure to him. His last name was Jones. Or Drew. One of them.

Betcha feel great now, don't you? ;)

I said it before, and I'll say it again. Hyphens are like hymens - men shouldn't have them.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. Hyphens are like hymens - men shouldn't have them.

You'd be hard-pressed to find someone on this board whom I respect more than you, murf, but, come on. It's not his legal name, he just put it on there as a sign of respect. If he just had it just to have it, then fair game, but he's doing it for his grandfather who practically raised him. Let him be.

Unless he gets traded to the Giants, Eagles, or Cowboys.

Then game on.

You'd be hard-pressed to find someone on this board whom I respect more than you, murf, but, come on. It's not his legal name, he just put it on there as a sign of respect. If he just had it just to have it, then fair game, but he's doing it for his grandfather who practically raised him. Let him be.

Unless he gets traded to the Giants, Eagles, or Cowboys.

Then game on.

I thank you for your respect, but I have to tell you that a man with a hyphenated name is begging for a hard time. I'm actually more understanding than my brother, who said "That better be his husband's name. Otherwise, that's just gay."

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

This was my first game ever. I couldn've asked for a better outcome. It was so cool high fiving all the fans around me on sacks and touchdowns and etc. I didn't even know them. Feeling the stadium shake beneath me on those Second half Jacksonville 3rd downs was so incredible. I don't think any sporting even I'll ever go to will compare to this

I have to agree with Art here. After seeing how pumped the crowd was before opening kickoff at the Link on Monday night, it is embarrassing to have the stands so empty during the 1st half of the 1st quarter. However, tailgating is a sacred thing. We parked close to the ES tailgate in the green lot, and when I started walking to the stadium at 3:50, there were still people at the ES tailgate. I can’t blame them, they looked like they were having a great time, so I’m not sure what will motivate people to go in early if they are having a great time with friends. One thing that will not work is the organization sending me e-mails to go in early and writing it on signs in the parking lot: “the louder they honk, the slower I go.”

Archived