Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.com chat - Chuck Knox Jr.

Riggo#44

Ok this has to be one of the worst chats ever...nothing insightful:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=13049

And then there's this:

WESS PHILADELPHIA: ARE THE EAGLES THE TEAM TO BEAT IN THE EAST

sn2.gifChuck Knox, Jr.: (12:25 PM ET ) Yes they are. All the other East teams have some type of drama going. The Cowboys have TO, the Giants have the players calling out their coaches and poor defense and the Redskins have Brunell and a poor secondary. The Eagles are quietly winning games even with key injuries.

Psst...the reason they're "quietly" winning these games is b/c their wins have come against teams that are a combined 0-6. And let's not look at the choke-job against the Giants. EVERY team in the NFC East has big question-marks. No one has distinguished themselves.

The Eagles don't have a pass defense, especially without Lito. Roy Williams JR is freelancing as the SS. It's kind of ironic that I believe the run D will be one of the best in the league this year while the pass defense will frequently get beaten.

I think the Eagles have done little to distinguish themselves in the NFC East one way or the other as of yet. The offense looks promising and the defensive line is living up to its potential, but you're going to need to wait until week 8 before claiming there is a "team to beat" in this division.

Pre-season the NFC East was considered by many as the toughest division in football. But the east has done nothing to distinguish itself. The eagles beat Tennessee and the Texans (not power houses). The giants have beaten the eagles (a division game that somebody hade to win). The boys beat the Skins (again a division game). the Skins beat the Texans (see above). On the other hand, the east has been beaten by Minnesota, Colts, Jacksonville, and the Seahawks. We need to beat some top competition from outside our division to keep our lofty reputation. I just don't see a team ready to do that.

The Eagles don't have a pass defense, especially without Lito. Roy Williams JR is freelancing as the SS. It's kind of ironic that I believe the run D will be one of the best in the league this year while the pass defense will frequently get beaten.

I think the Eagles have done little to distinguish themselves in the NFC East one way or the other as of yet. The offense looks promising and the defensive line is living up to its potential, but you're going to need to wait until week 8 before claiming there is a "team to beat" in this division.

I don't know, EL...I think that you bring up good points, but as of right now, Philly is looking better than many expected, I get the distinct impression that Jimmy Johnson will get the pass D back on track in the coming weeks (just a gut feeling there), and I'd never bet against a healthy McNabb.

Hopefully, the Skins can get their offense going, the defense back to where it's been the past couple of years, and prove all the media types wrong. :fingersx:

Archived