Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mortensen on Spurrier mood

spanishomelette

shhhhhhhhh... don't say "super bowl"

that's like telling a little boy about pu$$y... they don't know it exists cuz they've never had it and once you tell 'em how good it is, they can't stop thinking about it...

:laugh:

Oh, and to the Saints fan.

We had DL breakdowns?? Um, Duce McCallister, you know, the NFC leader in rushing, was averaging 2.6 yards a carry before he had that ONE big run.,

So, the DL had ONE breakdown. Big deal. Almost any back is gonna rip one big one on any team when they get 29 carries.

Originally posted by calsaint

I think the Bengals are probably the better team considering they have the better head coach and Cory Dillon!

At least the Redskins haven't quit like a pack of beaten dogs on their head coach like the Saints did last year.

I wonder at what point they'll quit this year. Probably as soon as some adversity hits.

I asked John over on the CPND site about this and about Lenny P's report on Front Office turmoil and this was his response:

-----------------------------------------

Mendes and Cerrato don't get along and never will. The less time Cerrato spends in that building, the better off the organization will be. He has a bad rep throughout the league...

Haven't heard Spurrier talking about going back to college. We do know that shortly after he took over, he wondered what he had gotten into when Snyder shot down his suggestion for the GM's job (the guy in tampa). Snyder didn't want a spurrier confidante in that position. Would have left snyder out of the loop, again.

I do think this start is a shock to Spurrier's ego. Everyone knew this but him: schemes don't win in the nfl, players do. He's starting to realize that. Yes he's frustrated, but I can't imagine he'd do anything after just one year. I will say, the word around the league is that this marriage would last two years.

Depressing.

Originally posted by Yomar

I asked John over on the CPND site about this and about Lenny P's report on Front Office turmoil and this was his response:

Mendes and Cerrato don't get along and never will. The less time Cerrato spends in that building, the better off the organization will be. He has a bad rep throughout the league...

Haven't heard Spurrier talking about going back to college. We do know that shortly after he took over, he wondered what he had gotten into when Snyder shot down his suggestion for the GM's job (the guy in tampa). Snyder didn't want a spurrier confidante in that position. Would have left snyder out of the loop, again.

I do think this start is a shock to Spurrier's ego. Everyone knew this but him: schemes don't win in the nfl, players do. He's starting to realize that. Yes he's frustrated, but I can't imagine he'd do anything after just one year. I will say, the word around the league is that this marriage would last two years.

Depressing.

Regarding your statement about schemes and players - I would say that's not an absolute truism. Why? Well - just take a look at our defense this year w/ all of it's talent, but not too much success. I think it's both.

"The word around the league is that this marriage would last two years" and the statements about hiring Spurrier's suggestion for GM. OMG - I just had a sinking feeling that Snyder would F this one up as well.

It's going to get REAL hard for me to be a Redskins fan in the future if Snyder continues to sabotage this team via his extreme hubris and ego. Why can't this guy just find a new toy to play with? Marketing may be his business, but football is not. Snyder should spend his time marketing the Redskins and not micro managing it. I wonder where this franchise would be if, say, Cooke Jr. owned the team. At least, I think, he would have had the sense to just hire a GM and let it go. Damn JCK - old coot must have lost it there at the end.:doh:

Tell Belicheck that schemes don't win in the NFL. Or Bill Walsh before he had the talent. Or Joe Gibbs who had so much different talent, but had a scheme that worked. In fact, schemes largely matter MORE than talent, depending on your scheme :).

Look at last year. Perhaps more talent was on the offense last year than this, and we were dead last after five games on offense. This year we're 21. A scheme does matter and as teams grow comfortable within, the production increases. To be fair though, it's more the type of talent within the type of scheme that makes it go.

A bad fit of talent in the scheme will kill you. You put the Eagles in a Cover-2 with their defense and they'd be among the worst in football. They are hawks. They attack and go downhill. Without that, they would be average or worse. Like we are right now :).

Somebody wake me up when this actually ends up in print.

The problem today is that the internet has given every bozo with a cpu (myself included) the idea that they are a journalist. When they discover that they are in fact, an idiot, they print lies, supposition, and twist words around to get their pieces read.

Let me know when Mort puts this in writing with an actual quote.

Archived