Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES COVERAGE: Joe Gibbs' Press Conference 09/18/06 (6:40PM Update)

JimmiJo

If you recall in 2004, we had some easy ones vs. some other lesser opponents but he didn't bench Ramsey until during Cincy and Pat's first two starts were against the two best teams in the league: Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.

Wouldn't it have made SENSE to play him against the Lions or someone first, then by the time you go up against the big boys he's a little more acclimated?

Give me your adress. I'll mail you a Mark Brunnell autograph. I can see that the man is dear to your heart.

Did anybody happen to ask Gibbs for an explanation of Brunell's patented 20-step drop. I understand he's a little shorter than the NFL norm(perhaps this is his way to best see the defense), but it makes it very challenging to pass for an additional 40 yards everytime you drop to pass.(just to get back to the line of scrimmage)

You guys are assuming that Gibbs would bash Brunell publicly if he were on the verge of benching him.

I think Mark is safe for the Houston game, but let's keep in mind how positively Gibbs has spoken about players in training camp just days before they are released. I don't know that we should read too much into his compliments of Brunell. I think if Mark struggles in Houston, he will be replaced.

You're taunting your own team's HOF coach, who won you the franchise's three superbowls???? Seriously???? That makes me want to puke.
Im not taunting anybody but does this appear like the same coach as the first go round? What makes me want to puke is this blind loyalty to a QB who cant do the job that is needed to win a FOURTH Superbowl and the tail wagging that fans like you display

Archived