Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Apparently Gregg didn't get the memo

FightForOldDC

We've faced two statues at QB and have 1 sack to show. Pathetic. I don't care if Shawn Springs is not playing. You can't change the scheme for 1 player. When Arrington was out the last 2 years, we didn't change a thing. I just think Williams is chicken to go up against teams this year. He's lost his aggressive edge. And yes, I did watch the game, and I know we blitzed early, but we were still in the game when he stopped.

WHAT!? Great and A. Carter shouldn't be used in the same sentence. The guy does little. And teams have had success running to his side, so I don't know where that's coming from.

The guy looks like Tarzan, but he plays like Jane.

Try watching a game or two. He is a GREAT run stopper.

he got the memo, he has no pressure from the DLine and he has a weak secondary. He usually brings cats and dogs in the blitz game, but because of the weak corners he has to stay in cover 2.

And the D is not playing with attitude. Archuleta and Carter are busts so far. This season may be his biggest challenge yet. He has always excelled bringing in young, hungry guys....this year he went away from that, going for the blow dried look....so far, not the best decision made.

Folks, it is this simple. Julius Jones ran for 94 yards on 20 carries, and had many more called back cause of penalties. Marion Barber ran for 40 on 5 carries. The Cowboys had a balanced attack, ground and air. The Cowboys picked up the blitz and made the Skins pay for it with the underneath stuff early in the game. There were 6 different Cowboy receivers that caught passes.

Defensively, the Cowboys manhandled the Skins offense. Ferguson disrupted the middle runs and the pressure off the corners from Ware and Ellis forced Brunell up into Canty, Spears, Ratliff and Coleman. There was somoe room to run to the outside, but the Skins never stayed with that. The offensive line is just not good enough to sustain an inside running game.

Gibbs was upset that they only ran 17 times against Minnie. This time, he wanted to run the ball more, but it wasn't there. Just the same. he stuck with it. Maybe Portis could have broke some to the outside, but banging it up the middle against the Cowboys front three wasn't there. Running between tackles on first and second down was a lesson in futility.

Portis getting healthy can still make a run at a winning record, but there has to be a major game plan change. Attack the corners.

Bailey, Smoot, Arrington, Pierce. Keep paying the big bucks to coaches and let your best your best players go....Good way to let a cruddy Dallas team whip you....and Good way to start 0-2. Seriously how much did the Redskins Def. backfield kill them last night.....a lot!

Players play the game...not coaches. Good luck Greggo. Dallas has a pitifull offense and on top of that couldn't catch the ball last night. Redskins actually made Dallas look good. Ole Bill should send the skins some money for that. Or at least under the table to Greggo.

Archived