Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Very Telling Quote of Saunders' Frustration

Cracklock81

You have a decent point, BUT there is a bit difference here, kurt had a healthy marshall faulk in his prime and a dominant offensive line, so far our line is a little shaky, and i love ladell betts but this team is such a more dynamic offense with clinton portis in the game, he is a "game breaker" (our only offensive TD of the season) just wait until springs and portis are back and everyone as well as the rest of the NFL will be woken up!!!!

I hate to say but the Cowboy fan on here made some pretty good points....as fans we're obviously dissappointed in the start to the season and not having Portis may be a lot bigger than what we think.?.?.?.....

This offensive line should be one of the best in the league...does Saunders playbook change the blocking schemes that much that the oline needs that much time learn it as well??? The defense looks horrendous because the offense can't stay on the field and the there's some serious depth issues.

My biggest question and it's turning into a real concern as well is at the QB position obviously. I guess we have to settle ourselves down a bit until Portis is back and see what Brunell does but we have A LOT of weapons on this team NOW. We all know Campbell is the sucessor but what if he turns out to be a dud??? Then all these weapons are useless and we're on the hurt for a strong QB, we're in big trouble if JC is not the answer and I don't want to wait till next year to find out. The kid is smart, learned a different offense every year at Auburn, I think we have to find out NOW if is an NFL QB cause if he's not than this team is in BIG TROUBLE FOR A LONG TIME!!!!!!!

Regardless of what it may look like, pay close attention to the difference between last week and this week. Gibbs is becoming more involved with the offense as he sees it. As well; according to him this offense is a mix of the two. I think, being a coach although only on a much lower level, I see small nuances that show me this is true.

Having said all that, I am in agreement that Brunnell needs to go. He is just simply too old and it is apparent, although he will not say it publicly, that he is losing confidence in himself. Anyone with football experience at any level will tell you that's the kiss of death.

I am puzzled why we did not go after some of the QB's that were available out there in free agency. For example, look at what Collins is doing with the Titans. He has consistently shown that he can do it in the right offense. Mc Nair, Grease, etc...

I still have unwavering confidence in Gibbs, I do not think the game has passed him by. I see him as the same way he always was; patient, analytical, and determined to get it right. I think he will before he retires again.

SS

Oh, I forgot that Green was running a very similar system (Zampese/Turner/Martz IIRC) in St. Louis, for which Green was exceptional with in the end of 1998.

Perhaps Martz is exceptional coach when working with "smart" QBs like Green, Warner and Bulger.

green was with us in 1998

Archived