Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Houston: Healing Game?

method man

I think Houston will be the game to get us back on track. We are getting Springs and Portis back for that game so we will be able to incorporate them into our gameplan. It will also be the first time all 22 starters will play this season. Because Houston has zero running game (at least until Gado learns the playbook), I think Houston is the perfect thing for Williams to test some of his blitzes on. Johnson will be a good test for Springs and let's see how Rogers does against Moulds. While Rog may need some safety help, I'd let ST play closer to the LOS. I'm not overlooking them but just getting a win will help us to get on track.

Looking forward, I'm scared of Matt Jones. That is one receiver Springs will need ST's help with. Does anyone know if that DE of Jacksonville's is still going to be out? Dockery and Thomas MUST step up for that game against Henderson and Stroud. If we can stop their pass rush, we will beat them as their back 7 is above-average at best.

Houston have always struck me as a team that will hang in their and play hard without being much more than that. If we are not deluding ourselves about what our team can be like then we HAVE to win this. If we are back to full strength there are few rocks to hide under if we go 0-3. To be honest I want to see us win this with a bit to spare and not some last minute FG. We have to show that we have a team and a game plan that isnt just on paper.

:helmet:

Archived