Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

state of the Skins talent

Murilo Bustamante

OT- Jansen should be re-signed. But make no mistake, our tackles are having a bad year (for them). No pro Bowl.

OG- We need new OGs. AND NO SHOPPING AT THE MENDES JUNE DISCOUNT FLEA MARKET THIS YEAR!!! Draft in the early rounds, and OFTEN!

C- Moore is o.k. Nothing special, but serviceable.

RB- Big question. Davis is a stud, no question. But he is putting the ball on the ground AT KEY MOMENTS too often. If this continues, it does call into question whether he is worth $10 million in cap space. IF it continues.

FB/TE- nothing special, but not the problem either.

WR- We need a speed receiver, not a star, just someone like Albert Connell (god help us) to stretch the field. Or we could get a star. But this unit is not getting it done.

DL- Our best defensive linemen are

1) 39 years old

2) injecting painkillers into their vertebrae before the game.

We need defensive linemen, and we may need to consider starting over in the offseason. Yes, starting over.

LB- Getting better. No upgrade needed here.

CB- Same.

S- I'm happy with this unit. Shade is not the best pass coverer in the world, but if we got some pressure he would look better. And he's very good against the run. Ohaleate is coming along well.

Yes. I like Big Daddy, and we definitely need to pressure the NFL about why our DTs can be grabbed by the helmet and swung around, play after play, year after year, with no call, but no one else's can.

Having said that, Big Daddy is very close to being a bust.

Gardener has come in and showed us what a true DT plays like. But every time that guy bends over to tie his shoes it could be his last.

I'm sorry, I suppose I was watching a different game than you all.

I saw a Redskin player wearing #95 constantly penetrating the Saints backfield. Any idea who that might be?

Shade BLEW that long pass right before half. He had deep coverage and he just broke it. That was inexcusable. I've never been as down on Shade as others have over the years, but I was ready to run him after that play. No way should an experienced player like him allow his man to run right by him, much less that it happen with the clock winding down.

Calm down, guys.

I change my mind on Davis all the time. As of right now I think the skins should let him go. I realize he would be a huge blow, but we cant afford to resign everybody. Its harder to find a pro bowl tackle then a pro bowl rb. Watson looks really good( I know he is no Davis but he can play) and Betts look pretty good too today.

I think we need to get 2 new de's. Gardner when healthy is a monster. I think we should keep him. Maybe we need to get rid of Wilkinson( for cap reasons). I think we should try to draft 2 young kids for the DLine. Resign Jansen and get a guard. I think we should keep Stai. We just cant get new guards every year. Get a good guard in free agency. Maybe also get a new Oline coach. I am offically on the ASF bandwagon on Kim Helton. I think he is a problem

Originally posted by TheChosenOne

Or Leomont Evans, or Jamel Williams, etc, etc.

Hell, even Mark Carrier turned to crap as soon as he strapped on a Skins helmet.

I find it amazing that a team can consistently be bad at a position for so long. Is there an explanation for this?

Actually, Big Daddy killed Bentley. He was getting immense push all day and Bentley wasn't doing anything at all with him. Our problem certainly wasn't up front today. Shade made one atrocious play at the end of the half and another partially atrocious one on the lob to Horn. Simple breakdowns in assignment on one and awareness on the other.

No, in all, our defense came together nicely. Smoot lost leverage on the cross to Reed there. Or, he'd better have because I can't imagine Marvin designed a play to blitz everyone up the gut and leave the middle open. Smoot had to stay with his man on the inside and force the throw outside on that play.

Big plays have happened to us this year and generally seem to come from mistakes in playing the assignment given you. The pass to Horn there was just good fortune for them more than anything else, though it would have been nice to see a bit more of an adjustment by Smoot, who was going for the INT there thinking it was too far over Horn's head I think.

What difference does it make it Ohalete is starting or not?

As far as I can tell, he gets plenty of PT. It seems that Lewis uses him as almost a LB, because you generally see him playing near the LOS.

I wonder if his coverage skills are kind of weak, yesterday's pick notwithstanding.

I don't mind Shade, and Terrell has avoided making the major malfunction the last couple of weeks, though, against the Titans that was more their fault than anything he did. Shade made two very bad safety plays though. That one at the end of the half was just astoundingly bad. Why he broke on that play instead of playing proper behind the man is mind boggling. That's the kind of thing Brett Favre will just eat up and embarrass us with if we're not careful.

I think Ohalete is clearly being groomed to take over someone's job. He has size and good speed and is getting more and more playing time, so that is nice for the future.

Archived