Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

is CP in training to be the next TO?

desertfox59

this place is so weird after loses.
WHAT??? what are you talkin about?
HELL NO!!! PORTIS is a TEAM player. Sometimes folks speak their mind when they are upset, especially after a loss. PORTIS will never be a cancer to this team. PORTIS hasn't disrespected Coach GIBBS. He's our STAR PLAYER. He carried us last year. I'm THANKFUL we have PORTIS. :notworthy
I've been here for a while now, over 3 years, and that post has to be one of the most SPOT ON posts I've seen here.

I dread losing just as much as the next person, but being around here the 3 or 4 days after a loss is just mind numbing.

Give me a break.... Clinton Portis is the best player on the team and a great teammate. He's one of Joe Gibbs' favorite players. This thread is disgraceful.
Don't forget the new disrespectful haircut. Get real, Portis is the life blood of the offense, and the team for that matter. He is the only weapon that our competition fears and he sells out on every play.
Like I said in another thread: There should be a 24-hour cooldown period after a loss before anyone can post. :point2sky
I think you read too much into an athlete's competitive fire.

Portis wants to win. Joe Gibbs does too. Perfect match.:)

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

That about does it.

Blondie

Clearly, from this guy's repeated responses to the overwhelming negative reaction to his ridiculous thread, he does not get it, and never will. He will just go on looking at CP as a T.O. in training.

BTW, as far as football knowledge, there IS no PRO football in THIS area either - but I DID spend the night at a Holiday Inn Express...

(Actually, lived my first 50 years in the immediate D.C. area).

I agree this sounds like a cowgirl fan trying to get everyone going befor we kick their but this week.

wrong....I'm a huge redskins fan....Maybe some of these poeple who are picking up the vibe I'm talking about aren't redskins fans either....

No player is bigger than the team...even Portis...that's what he is thinking.
i have to disagree. the beginning of the season is the absolute perfect time to send a message to the team. keeping him out this game would send a powerful message to the whole team.

"he didn't really practice much in the WEEKS leading up to Minnesota either, and he showed he was okay."

i think this is gibbs whole point. if he was OK playing against minnesota then why couldnt he have practiced.

With all due respect.. If he can play against Minny and expects to play @ Dallas then he can also practice. That is what Gibbs is saying.
Oh shut up. It's the majority of NFL teams' policies to not play someone who hasn't practiced. To use your own eloquent words: Get off your own nuts.

I'm so sick of fans thinking that they know more than any coach in the league. Effing armchair, Monday morning quarterbacks.

Here, here....not just that, but lest we forget, there are a whole ****load of other talented folks on this team!

Yes, I know we are better with Portis, but I don't believe this team lives or dies with him.

Chalk me up as one who thinks Coach is using this to send a message to the team.
it seems to me after reading the NFL.com article, it sounds like gibbs know what kind of player/personality that CP26 has....by saying this, I think he wants CP26 to work harder in practice........
"He didn't practice today. ... If a guy doesn't practice, he's not going to play," Gibbs said.

Definitely a mistake on the part of the coaching and medical staffs to let him play last week.

I hope this doesn't blow up our locker room. Something seems amiss between Gibbs and Portis.....
It's not about how hurt CP is IMHO. I believe Joe is sending Clinton a message. It says, "You don't tell me when you practice and when you play."

In other words, Clinton seems to want to call the shots. He wants to suit up on gameday, but then uses the injury to get out of practice. He can't have it both ways. (Only Terrell Owens can do that.)

Coach said if doesn't practice, then he won't play.

Archived