Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

is CP in training to be the next TO?

desertfox59

you suck at the internet.

BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!

sorry, but i had to point that out, and if it has already been pointed out, then I am sorry, but it had to be pointed out again!!!

LO-FREAKIN-L!!!!!

but seriously folks, when a man compares Clinton Portis to T.O., he should be shot...

with hot tar and dipped in feathers. Jeez, not with guns!!! holy cow, you shoot him with a gun if he makes a Mark Brunell-Aaron Brooks comparison.

ahem..we will beat Dallas!!!!!!

it's becoming a season staple....:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

HAIL.

It's okay guys. Give the guy a break. He posted this in the heat of the moment. Everyone says crazy stuff in the heat of the moment, even AMAZING RUNNING BACKS THAT SACRIFICE EVERYTHING, INCLUDING THEIR DIGNITY, TO HELP THIS TEAM WIN AND KEEP THEIR SPIRITS UP.

Actually...No, it's not okay. You're EXTREMELY wrong in this circumstance. Better luck next time.

Wow, so a player that shows emotion is showing up his coach. get real dude. how often do players and coaches disagree?!?!? All the time....does it mean one is showing up the other qand the other is mad? No it's simple human dynamics. And CP wanting the ball is showing up the coach???? C'mon, it's competitive fire. I don't know your posting history but I doubt you come on here praising every play or coaching decision made by Gibbs. TO splits the locker room, goes behind players backs, and strategically uses the media to advance his agenda.

As for Coach Spanky Janky...lighten up. its's a joke, part of a larger scheme to lighten the mood after 5-6. Both Gibbs and Willaims laughed all the charectors off. And for the record, Janky was a DC and if anything spoofed Williams. But the point was to playfully show how unstoppable Cp is (god forbid he has self-confidence right?) and play up his buddy and teammates Sean taylor:

Name: Coach Janky Spanky

Interview Date: 01/05/06

Get-Up: Very Large Headset with fake ears, whistle, very tight coaches shirt and shorts and clipboard

The Word: Volunteers for the Boys and Girls Club. Believes the Redskins should have hired him instead of Coach Gregg Williams. Believes the only way to stop Clinton Portis is to have 2 extra Sean Taylors on the field. He has the game plan to get the Redskins to the Super Bowl.

Rich Gannon and Jon Gruden did it for years yet Gannon was heard during The Buccaneers game about how much "he loved playing for Gruden." Maybe somewhere along the contents of this statement there may be a little ambiquity, but nontheless Gannon knew that it was Jon's "will and competitiveness" that made him an even keel coach to his likings.

By the observation of this thread, it is sounding as if "superior vs. co-worker." As a co-worker, you know that if there is even the smallest amount of insubordination- then there is a call for your termination from the job.

:logo:

First off, before I get bashed, I think CP is one of the best backs in the league.

He is an exceptional blocker. (I mean like Walter Payton exceptional)

He is a Great runner.

He has good hands.

When it comes to his on the field performance, There are MAYBE one or two backs I would even consider an upgrade in the league right now.

His off field and sideline antics, however, have shown him to be a cancerous Man-baby. (his non-character press conferences are the exception to this)

Hey Clinton Portis, Joe Gibbs has forgotten more football than you have ever known in your short career as an NFL running back. Maybe you should think about that before you show up your HOF, Three-time-superbowl-winning-coach on the sidelines like you did in the preseason and again like you did last night.

You are mistaken sir, if you take Joe Gibbs's niceties to be weakness. The other super bowl winning redskins understood, that while JG's could have been a dictatorial HC like Tuna, It was outta respect that he shows for people that he is not.

Clinton Portis, how have you returned that respect and constant praise he has shown you?

well let us see:

In 2004 you said that his offense was out dated and his play calling was too. (paraphrasing here I didn't look up the specific quotes).

In 2005 you questioned his calls on the sideline in clear view of everyone else, with the famous (or infamous) "Gut and Power" statements.

In 2005 you mocked him with the "coach janky spanky" thing. Weather real or unintentional, this stunt was an unintelligent thing to do if only for the perception of disrespect toward your coach that it leaves one with.

In 2006 you had a tuff injury in the preseason, that sucks, I wish it didn't happen. but your behavior on the sidelines again was childish and disrespectful to Gibbs. then your comments after the game were also disrespectful.

Now last night, l don't know what was said between the two of you. I just saw Gibbs's reaction. It was not good.

Take off the Man-baby diapers, put on some humble pants and learn to become a graceful human being. (SEE: Art Monk) You can start by showing Joe Gibbs the respect he has earned by taking your issues with him behind closed doors instead of in full view of the world.

First off let me place you on blast.....

CP did say the offense was old and outdated. Well guess what your SAINT JESUS GIBBS said the same thing, he further hired Al Saunders to take over FULL OFFENSIVE DUTIES :doh:

Secondly how can you critique anything CP says or does because he produces on the field! PERIOD!!

Why don't you take off your holier than though diapers and support the best running back the skins have had since Larry Brown and John Riggins :cheers:

Why are you so fixated on what GIBBS DID when he can bring another super bowl trophy here then come and talk to me, but the NFL is just alike FOR COACHES just as it is for PLAYERS, what have you done for me lately? Big deal Gibbs got us to the playoffs last year, WELL SO DID NORV TURNER! Even a broken clock is CORRECT TWICE A DAMN DAY!

Evidently you have no humor and if you can't see what a vital member of the Redskins CP is, then perhaps if we put your brain on a bird, it would fly backwards..... If CP owes Gibbs any apology then you owe us all here on ES an apology for such an ass backward ridiculous post...... :2cents:

How do you know that this isn't what happened:

CP: Coach, put me in.

JG: No, we agreed with Bubba before the game you would get ten carries.

CP: But my shoulder feels great! C'mon put me in, I am sure I can help this team.

JG: No chance, your health is too important and we need you to be 100% next week.

CP: I'm fine, really, put me in!

JG: We agreed ten carries and that's that, I'm not going to discuss this anymore! Don't bring it up again!

First off let me place you on blast.....

CP did say the offense was old and outdated. Well guess what your SAINT JESUS GIBBS said the same thing, he further hired Al Saunders to take over FULL OFFENSIVE DUTIES :doh:

The question here is motive. Do you think Gibbs was motivated to replace himself because his system was outdated, or because he thought that the players thought that? If the former, then why bring in a guy who runs basically the same system that you do except with a few more bells and whistles?

Secondly how can you critique anything CP says or does because he produces on the field! PERIOD!!

Yes he does produce on the field...keep it up Clinton. :applause:

I'm not talking about what he does on the field. I'm talking about what he does off it.

Why don't you take off your holier than though diapers and support the best running back the skins have had since Larry Brown and John Riggins :cheers:

CP is even better then LB and JR. In fact I think he can be one of the best of all time. Why is it holier than thou to want him to show the respect due to the head coach on the sidelines and elsewhere?

I never saw JR do anything like that to Gibbs. I hear they didn't have the smoothest of relationships but I never saw HIm show Gibbs up on the sidelines.

Can you imagine Walter Payton doing something like that to any of his coaches? How about Art Monk?....I think not.

...You see the mear fact that I mention him in the same breath as Walter Payton shows how good I think he can be....He just has some mental things to work on. He has some authority issues maybe. I don't know. I just know what I saw on the sidelines and it wasn't good.

but the NFL is just alike FOR COACHES just as it is for PLAYERS, what have you done for me lately?

Maybe that's where many of these posters and I disagree...it's not the same for coaches as it is for players, (at least it shouldn't be). the coaches are the dictators...it's not a democracy. Gibbs just happens to not be a tyranical dictator (a la Tuna). Does that give CP the right to questions his authority? (if that's what happened) Would you be defending John Hall if he had the same "talk" with gibbs on the sidelines?

:helmet:

How do you know that this isn't what happened:

CP: Coach, put me in.

JG: No, we agreed with Bubba before the game you would get ten carries.

CP: But my shoulder feels great! C'mon put me in, I am sure I can help this team.

JG: No chance, your health is too important and we need you to be 100% next week.

CP: I'm fine, really, put me in!

JG: We agreed ten carries and that's that, I'm not going to discuss this anymore! Don't bring it up again!

If that is how the conversation went, CP is wrong.

You just can't question your coach infront of the other players. Don't you see?

As a team leader maybe to notify Gibbs that you are o.k. but that's it. What does it say to your team mates if you can get away with that behavior when they couldn't? What if Betts or Rock were to say that on the sidelines?

Hunger for success is great. But in your scenerio CP's hunger has longterm destructive ramafications.

Authority must be maintained. From the top down. Football just doesn't work any other way.

By the observation of this thread, it is sounding as if "superior vs. co-worker." As a co-worker, you know that if there is even the smallest amount of insubordination- then there is a call for your termination from the job.

:logo:

Great post. This is where it has to get tricky for the pro coaches.

My mentor said he would never take a job in the pros (despite many offers) because if it ever came down to a player saying to an owner It's me or the coach....who do you think is expendable.....?

...nomally I say if this happend with Gibbs and any other Player but Portis, Gibbs would stay. But Portis has such amazing potential that Gibbs might even be forced to leave. That's why Portis gets the special treatment....but that doesn't make it right.

:helmet:

ok look, in this dudes defense i simply want to say that i am a bit concerned as well about portis lately. i understand the NFL so dont start telling me i dont know the league BS.it does appear as an outsider that portis head is swelling just a TINY bit. he has gotten alot of exposure this offseason that he hasnt seen so much of till now. while im sure Clinton is a very unique individual, all the characters and stuff are getting old. how about planning on how to rally your team rather than what costume to wear next. also that hair cut for gods sake. maybe im a bit conservative although i have never been accused of such, but i dont think he looked professional. Portis is the most visual player on this team bar none. i for on am not enthused about the likes of a Dennis Rodman type representing this great team. i dont think it fits our teams image!

Just a thought

Interesting. Maybe we should have the NFL make football robots. Each robot gets a faux contract (it's in the program), and each team has a salary cap (that way the fans have something to argue about in the off-season). As college players take their game to the next level, we use a computer to record their moves and build a robot in his likeness.

Then, you program the robot to hit the field and tackle the other robots for 60 minutes. All the owner of the team would have to do is make sure all the plays are uploaded before the game and ensure all the robots had fully charged batteries. You could write a program for that, too, no mistakes.

Hey, this would be what you guys want, right?

100% execution all the time and no emotion. The robot would never throw his helmet or get mad at himself for a blown play. Robots aren't competitors, so they would just march up and down the field, running ANY offense in history to perfection. You could run the John McKay offense coupled with the Air Coryell and throw in Al Saunders many motions and shifts.

^ What this guy said. I don't quite understand it, but his imagery is fantastic. Hail Redskin Super Robot Players!

first. if assuming janky spanky was all in good fun is presumtious, then isnt you assuming what portis said to gibbs was offensive presumptious as well?

I didn't see Gibbs's reaction to Janky Spanky...

I did see his reaction to CP's statements....

Am I assuming...sure...

is it based on evidence...yes.

is that evidence credible...

you have to at least admit that it might be...right?

I can admit that it might be wrong. Is that presumptious?

Archived