Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Warrick Holdman

RIDETHEWALRUS

I think Holdman deserves some recognition for his play today. While it certainly wasn't superb, he did make a few good plays including a real nice tackle in the backfield.

In the off-season he commented that he played about 10 lbs above his normal playing weight last year and he shed the weight for this year. From what I have heard he was solid in the pre-season and he looked decent tonight. While he was never an outstanding player, he was very solid for a while and I hope he is returning to that.

What do yall think, will Holdman give us enough to keep Rocky on the bench and solidify this defense?

Holdman had that one good play. Other than that he mostly came up and touched the pile of tacklers at the end of the play. If you watch him closely, most of the time when he is engaged by a blocker at the point of attack, he gives ground instead of blowing the play up. To use football coach speak, "he is a chaser, not an eraser."

He wasn't great but he was solid he could have a decent year. He said that he was not happy with the way he played last season.

I definitely agree, I think more than anything he did his job. I wouldn't say that he was great. He just did what we needed him to do and more 1 or 2 exceptional plays. I do think that he will have a solid year too.

I agree he played well. If anything I thought Marshall was a no show....He needs to steup up his play otherwise I wouldn't be opposed to moving Holdman inside and starting Rocky on the outside.....

I know I will get criticized for jumping the gun here but our run defense up the middle has suffered since Lemar has taken over for Antonio Pierce....

I

I liked Evans and Golston. They were the only ones that I actually noticed making nice plays. Archuleta was a big disappointment as was Rogers and Rocky who I barely saw. I didn't think Holdman distinguished himself.

I agree with this....Evans had a great game and Golston made some play as well

Archived