Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are Democrat and Republican analogous to Liberal and Conservative?

Yomar

The terms seem to be freely interchanged, but when I look at the attitudes of both parties towards the role of government, I wonder if it is accurate. Both parties seem equally willing to expand Federal Government's responsibility, the question between the two parties seems to me to be more centered on where to spend money (special interests) and take on responsibility, rather than how much money and responsibility the government should assume.

I think conservatives feel that the federal government's responsibilty is to defense and international matters. Whereas liberals feel that the government should be focussing its attention towards domestic matters. That is just my opinion and I will not state which one I feel is correct unless called out about it:cool:

StuckinIA.

You don't need to tell us which you think is correct because only one of those beliefs is supported by the U.S. Constitution, so, it's certain you side with that view and not the one that's not called for by the U.S. Constitution.

Liberal and conservative are not completely interchangable with Republican and Democrat, but, it is often somewhat of a close call and because we are in a two party system here, if you are a liberal you are likely a Democrat and if you are a conservative you are likely a Republican.

Yeah they are generally interchangeable however when it comes down to party affiliation Dems will support the conservative dems vice the liberal GOP if it means house or Senate controll case in point is the liberal GOP female rep here in MD.

Liberals do depend on the uninformed, the ignorant or people that trust the big three news stations do to working and not keeping abreast of current events to gain their vote.

Archived